Make a donation

Author Topic: My little MK5 2.0TDI R-line build thread  (Read 61682 times)

Offline spicypixel

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 5
    • Email
Re: What should end up as a r-line converted mk5 around 230TDI horses.
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2017, 08:29:34 pm »
Hello, awesome build thread - do you have the part numbers available for the passat climatronic control panel and a replacement fascia to weld it to? Looking to upgrade the rather ugly mk5 dual zone climatronic and it's either doing this or the less adventurous mk6 climatronic upgrade.

Took much work to get the Discover Media working? Also do you have the module numbers for the optical parking sensors and controller used?

Thanks
Mk5 GT TDI 170 - MY2007

Offline Christiank

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 39
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,110924.0.html
« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2017, 08:35:10 pm »
Hello, awesome build thread - do you have the part numbers available for the passat climatronic control panel and a replacement fascia to weld it to? Looking to upgrade the rather ugly mk5 dual zone climatronic and it's either doing this or the less adventurous mk6 climatronic upgrade.

Took much work to get the Discover Media working? Also do you have the module numbers for the optical parking sensors and controller used?

Thanks

Hey mate. Sure I'll edit this reply on Sunday when I'm back home with the part numbers for you :smiley:

Yesh tage mk7 style is lifting the interior a lot hehe - even if you have to custom make the trim.
MK5 TDI 2.0 MY2005 - FULL OF RETROFITS:
MK6 dashboard - BCM converted - MK7 cruise control MFSW - PLA 2.0 - 3D instrument cluster - Discover Media 2 - Highline TPMS - 10ch Dynaudio system - KESSY with start button

Offline spicypixel

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2017, 09:06:46 pm »
Yeah agreed. Sort of looking forward to custom building some trim from a spare fascia panel.

Hope it's not too difficult to get one and the Passat clinatronic panel.
Mk5 GT TDI 170 - MY2007

Offline Christiank

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2017, 11:27:15 pm »
Yeah agreed. Sort of looking forward to custom building some trim from a spare fascia panel.

Hope it's not too difficult to get one and the Passat clinatronic panel.

If you car is before may 2007 it need some wire changing, if it after it's only 1-2 wires.
The trim is kinda easy if you take the time to make it fit. I'll redo mine soon since my current is broken due to the break inn I has recently. Can make some pictures of how I think its the easiest way to make it fit without looking rubbish..

Does your car have heated seats? I got a spare climatronic panel since I've changed mine to a new panel that has some style on the adjustment wheels as the volume wheel on my MIB 2.

The one I have in spare has same style as the RNS wheels.
MK6 dashboard - BCM converted - MK7 cruise control MFSW - PLA 2.0 - 3D instrument cluster - Discover Media 2 - Highline TPMS - 10ch Dynaudio system - KESSY with start button

Offline spicypixel

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2017, 08:22:16 am »
Yeah my car has the winter pack/heated leather seats/dual zone climatronic.

Mk5 GT TDI 170 - MY2007

Offline Christiank

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2017, 02:48:29 pm »
Yeah my car has the winter pack/heated leather seats/dual zone climatronic.

As promised we talked partnumbers via the PM system.

So hopefully my last parts will arrive first thing next week so I should be able to install a few pieces soon!

Got laying at home waiting to be fitted:
Darkside Developments Audi S3 Inter Cooler
Darkside Developments Audi 4bar map sensor
Darkside Developments Silicone air pipe (engine side of the sensor)
Darkside Developments Silicone AEM Air filter kit
Darkside Developments Subframe spacer kit
Darkside Developments Hardpipe kit
Genuine VW B6 alloys wishbones
Genuine VW B6 ball joints
Genuine VW GTI ED30 frontbumper (Need to make holes for PDC sensors and it need to be repainted!)
Genuine VW R-line fog grills
Genuine VW GTI front grills (upper and lower) removed the "GTI" logo since mine is a TDI.
SuperPro Anti-Lift kit
Custom Keys mk7 key fob kit

Awaiting arrival first thing next week:
New screws'n bolts and bits for the GTI front bumper conversion from VW
Mk6 GTD cluster so that I can finish my instrument cluster build (I got the 3D tiguan base, Scirocco facelifted front, blue R tacho needles with the mk6 GTD 300km/h and RPM dials.)

Still need to order:
Radiator
Fuel filter housing and new fuel lines
Dampers and springs for all sides
GTI frontbumper carrier
GTI slam panels and cover

Upcomming mods:
Parts for adding interior doorhandle illumination on all 4 doors - ARRIVED
Parts for adding side assist - SHIPPED
Parts for adding Trunk/Fuel switch - ARRIVED

So last couple weeks has be going on by ordering a bunch of stuff and reading what's possible and what's not. Doing all these retrofits from newer cars gives you a good reading trying figure out what would work with what etc etc..

Anyway.. I need to source out new door controllers before I can fit my indoor hande ligths, anti-dazzle side mirrors, trunk/fuel switch and the side spot assist indicators. Don't like pulling the door cords of more than I have to, so will fit all at once.

Also need to find the GTI carrier and panels before I can fit the GTI front , but should have time to get this done before it has been painted.

Will keep you guys updated when the parts starts going into the car :) :drinking:

Offline ChrisGT

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 40
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,106577.0.html
« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2017, 04:16:04 pm »
Wow!! That is some list of upgrades coming, mind and get plenty of pictures, looking forward to the updates!  :drinking:

Chris
It wouldn't be fun if it was easy, I just wish it wasn't this much fun.

Offline DFish

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 14
« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2017, 05:10:41 pm »
Be interesting to see that lot come together.  :party:

Fish

Edited: What turbo you running or going to run?
« Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 05:14:03 pm by DFish »

Offline Christiank

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #38 on: May 14, 2017, 08:14:32 am »
Wow!! That is some list of upgrades coming, mind and get plenty of pictures, looking forward to the updates!  :drinking:

Chris

Yeah will be good to have it all installed hehe.. Not fun seeing the stuff just laying around at home :D
I would rather have it on the car where I can't see it  :driver:

Be interesting to see that lot come together.  :party:

Fish

Edited: What turbo you running or going to run?

Yeah.. Abou the turbo I'll be running the GTB2260 or the 2056. Can't really decide.. Since I will not get the car remapped to as much BHP that it will develop a whole lot of smoke. In fact I don't want the smoke to change from where it is normal today.

And I'm affriad if I go change the nozzle to get full use of the 2260 I will apply some more smoke since I will be pulling about 300 bhp. So ideally would be stock injectors and the 2056 with a 230-235 remap.

Will be buying the Darkside Development turbo kit with manifold and all that when the funds are there for it :) Going to upgrade the whole sussespension, steering and hopefully brake system before I will be starting getting some cash to the turbo set.

I wont upgrade the power that much and then run stock brakes... Hell no! Need to have the brakes installed before the car gets more power hehe.

Offline Christiank

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2017, 06:08:06 pm »
So I had some spare time today to get started on my new frame for the new style mk7 climatronic control panel.

So here's some of the work I did today..  It's now laying and drying with the primer again, ready for some black paint tomorrow and then some wrap to match the rest of the 3M black brushed parts.

« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 08:30:45 pm by Christiank »

Offline Christiank

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #40 on: May 19, 2017, 08:28:56 pm »
Recieved my new front window modules 701/702 Q motors with MAX electric module.

Offline Christiank

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #41 on: June 02, 2017, 10:08:47 pm »
So... Part 2 on my door module swapping!
After fitting the Gen. 3 MAX modules my drivers side window didn't work and the mirror adjustment wasn't right.

Bought some Gen. 2 MAX modules and the passenger side controller just arrived yesterday along with some some brand new VW door looms for the front doors. I did make my own door cord loom for the passenger side aswell since I the earth wire had to be splitted to door warning lights and interior doorhandle light.

Think my own loom came out pretty good actually :) All labeled and wrapped in cloth tape to look like an OE installation.

Have to wait for some new leds to fit the doorhandle since I don't think the VW Toureg solution gives enough light. So I'll install a 3mm led in the bottom of the doorhandle. Should arrive first thing next week.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 10:12:33 pm by Christiank »

Offline Christiank

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #42 on: June 03, 2017, 07:59:06 pm »
Some more stuff...
Really need to get some of it mounted soon  :evilgrin:

So the plans for now will be to order new doorhandles to complete the indoor interior doorhandle retrofit to all 4 doors. Ordered som new genuine door entry light instead of the LED ones from eBay.. They are to bright and gives a stupid light spread - atleast that what I think.  So will be going with OE ones fitted with a Osram 4000k LED bulp instead. Have these 4000k Osram bulp installed in all the cabin light, footwell lights and glovesbox - They really do give a good light there's not to bright like the 6000k is.

Also should be getting the cable sets and the MK7 side assist sensors next week. - Then I can close that retrofit also. - Already got the indicators and Canbus replaces to newest "AS" revision.

Bought an active TMPS so I can mount that along with the side assist. Just need sensors for the wheel before this will work. And I wont get that before I decide which wheel to go with. All I know is that they have to be 18'' and gloss black hehe.

Small progress in my NQSBBK front & rear setup + susspension.
Should be getting some B6 alloy hubs next week so they will be cleaned up when I get them and putted with all the other stuff waiting to be installed. Decieded to go with a Bilstein B12 kit. So I'll order that along with new GTI anchorplates and SKF wheelbearings soon. Hopefully I'll get to complete this soon though - won't be installing any of it before all is ready to on the car. Won't install new coilcovers first to get some else mounted 2 weeks after hehe. 

Offline Christiank

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #43 on: June 05, 2017, 08:56:15 am »
Sorry for all the pictures is turning... Not sure why it does this when I upload them? They are the right way on my laptop? :thinking:

Anyway.. Tried to install some interior doorhandle lights.. All parts from a VW Toureg. This was just a test. Not sure where I'll have the exact placement of the light. Did put the light closer to the handle on the other side to see what looked must natural.

Think it came out great, and I'll be doing this to all 4 doors once I have decide the placement of it in the doorhandle

Offline swebster94

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: June 05, 2017, 10:11:45 am »
Sorry for all the pictures is turning... Not sure why it does this when I upload them? They are the right way on my laptop? :thinking:

Anyway.. Tried to install some interior doorhandle lights.. All parts from a VW Toureg. This was just a test. Not sure where I'll have the exact placement of the light. Did put the light closer to the handle on the other side to see what looked must natural.

Think it came out great, and I'll be doing this to all 4 doors once I have decide the placement of it in the doorhandle

Do you have the part numbers for the Touareg parts you used?
I've been looking to do this myself and couldn't decide to use parts from another car or just use a 3mm eBay led  :laugh:
2005 Reflex Silver GT TDI
2010 Black Tiguan R-Line