Make a donation

Author Topic: Who's got an AMD remap???  (Read 6398 times)

Offline NB07

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 26
Re: Who's got an AMD remap???
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2010, 07:16:03 pm »
i went from 224bhp standard to 301bhp from stage 1 on dyno dynamics rollers so i think its possible  :happy2:

Is that with JUST a map or have you got other mods aswell?

Carl :happy2:

that was just a map and panel filter at the time.  :happy2:
Black Edition 30 DSG - Gone but not forgotten!

Offline ollie288

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 21
  • -Receive: 13
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2010, 07:38:48 pm »
Im not saying they are bending the truth. They would probably be able to produce some data to show a car achieved those figures with just the software. They only need 1 to have done it to legally be able to say it's possible.

I have spent (like others on here and some a lot more than me) a considerable amount tuning the 2.0TFSi

I have seen hundreds of cars with different maps go on RR and none have ever made the stated power claim with just a map.

For example when i went REVO stage 1 i was using 100 octane fuel as i lived in Germany and i made 237.3bhp and 278lb/ft

REVO quote 255bhp & 285lb/ft. There was nothing wrong with the car, it was brand new with only 5k miles on the clock as i put 5k miles on it to make sure no build issues etc. I never got anywhere near 255bhp until i did the following

REVO Stage 2
EVOMS
Neuspeed Turbo Outlet Pipe
S3 Intercooler
Autotech HPFP
Relocated DV to K04 position.
Miltek CBE

I then got 257bhp and 302lb/ft.

I have seen one car get 266bhp and 310lb/ft on stage one but that had the same mods i have just listed (as i bought most of them off him when he sold it  :laugh:) and quite aggressive settings.

You generally get the torque but i have never seen a car get the BHP from JUST a remap.

Carl

I see. Cheers for that Mater. :happy2:

Offline Lovegroover

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2010, 08:15:10 pm »

how much is the amd map in comparison to revo. they do both there.

AMD want £499.95 All in for their map.
And Revo is £499.95 + VAT and switch £50 on top of that if wanted.

Revo is starting to sound the more favourable now just because it's so tried and tested i think.  :rolleye:
Car = 3dr K03 Gti - Shadow Blue Metallic - Monza II's - Cream Heated leather, Sat Nav, BSH True Seal, AmD Remap.
Bike = Honda CBR600FX Superlight

Offline Janner_Sy

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2010, 01:09:37 pm »
I say REVO, of the two choices there.

however you could get the shark performance Stage 1 for the same money and be able to do it from your own with a handset. (same as bluefin) plus they have shown to be comparable to the output of REVO and getting excellent reviews.

a quick search through briskoda will bring up alot of reviews on them. i believe there a few on SCN now as well.

Offline wigit

• Thank You
  • -Given: 129
  • -Receive: 42
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2010, 01:35:38 pm »
i have a feeling the dyno figures flatter a little based on their scirocco map compared to bluefin let alone revo

similar gains as NB07 seen on the pirelli with the R word  :happy2:

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 15
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2010, 02:11:00 pm »
but you will not get 65bhp from just a software upgrade.

I agree you will not get 65bhp increase off just a remap on a KO3 mate. But I think it's more than possible with a KO4. Even on the dreaded, stingy JKM rollers..  :grin:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2010, 02:29:40 pm »
I think it's true to say that ALL the tuners are optimistic with their power gain numbers in their advertising. I can sympathise with them because most Joe Bloggs drivers want max for their money and unfortunately some will choose purely on the number which is advertised. However, the consumer should not be misled and I think that tuners should be more explicit in promoting their wares.

Aftersales service is extremely important. I've seen so many people who have ignored advice and gone for the cheap option to then later change to tuners such as Revo or Shark etc.

ECU's are the brains in our expensive chariots and it's simply not worthy mucking about with anything except the tuners who are known for their high standards.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Robert74

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 5
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2010, 09:04:26 pm »
I know the last post on this topic was a while ago but I have a MKV with the AMD re-map and a panel filter fitted.

Before the car was 201.8 HP and 220 lb/ft of torque and after it was 260.8 HP and 291.4 lb/ft. The car is running on Optimax also.

I agree the figures may be a but optimistic and will only know when I put the car on another RR but the difference was massive, smooth power but aggressive, it totally transformed the car I could not believe the difference.

The only criticism is a slight dip in power/flat spot? at 3000-3500 rpm when accelerating hard through the gears from 3rd upwards. 1st and 2nd are awesome now compared to standard.
2006 GTI 5 door DSG

Offline Lovegroover

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2010, 07:59:01 pm »
Would be interested to know how your figures stack up on another set of rollers - got any plans to be visiting any??
Impressive figures anyway and as a comparisson for myself my 8L S3 was 266Bhp & 307ft/lbs on AMD rollers and that was fast as feck (in my opinion) which your Golf is not far from.
Car = 3dr K03 Gti - Shadow Blue Metallic - Monza II's - Cream Heated leather, Sat Nav, BSH True Seal, AmD Remap.
Bike = Honda CBR600FX Superlight