All Things Mk5 > How to Guides / Troubleshooting

**RESOLVED** Unable to complete Steering Limit Stop Adaption

<< < (2/6) > >>

grey golfster:
Another example of this forum at it's very best!
Even down to the"resolved" in the header!
Top work, many thanks!

:congrats:

This post alone should be worth a forum donation from a few of the tightwads out there!  :slap:
†********************************************************************************************
Dear Faithful Members,

It's time again for us to ask for your help, Our forum funds have run out again and we need your support to top up the kitty to keep the site running, and to maintain it's independence (from sponsors etc).

So please dig deep and drop some funds to the cause via the link above  :happy2:

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=LGHF5VDSC6AQL

Tommihayes:
Great post mate. I've got a plethora of abs errors and will be referring to this over the coming weeks! Great forum etiquette completing your work and completing the post.

jason_rmh:
No problem, I've gained plenty of help and knowledge by others doing the same, given I couldn't find much on this particular issue so hopefully it helps others.

Jas

doylebros:
Well done to you :happy2:

I only hope a the Mods adds it to the following thread

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,52731.0.html

So other members can find it to refer too, cause the wheel bearing size identification pointer alone will save so many people so much time!

mkmg76:
Excellent work and a very detailed write up. Well done.  :congrats:

If I may add for anyone who reads this in future, there are certain brands which supply the bearings without the extra detailing on the rear. Optimal is one and FEBI or Bendix are others so a visual inspection is not 100% confirmation of the type required. So really, your only option if you don't have access to an OE parts lookup service is measurement of the hub when the bearing is removed.

For details you might want to have a look at my thread for details. Page 3 in particular deals with these bearings specifically.

HTH  :happy2:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version