Make a donation

Author Topic: RCD330 with apple car play  (Read 74388 times)

Offline burtz

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
Re: RCD330 with apple car play
« Reply #150 on: May 08, 2020, 07:33:06 pm »
Hi,

I have found a RCD330 for sale on eBay but apparently you get battery drain when changing to these units. Does anyone know what can gateway I need to avoid this? I have no controls on the steering wheel, sat nav or rear camera if that helps

So looks like I need Rev L or newer. Do I need to get it coded?

Offline akashsp

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
    • Email
« Reply #151 on: September 18, 2020, 02:43:47 pm »
Hi All,

Can't seem to get a straight answer on this one question no matter what I read and where. I've got a 56 plate 2007 VW Golf MK5 GT 170. It's got the standard factory satnav in it at the moment (MFD2) and bluetooth handsfree kit. I've ordered a Desay 187B RCD330 which comes on monday and I assume I need a canbus to stop the battery drain. The question is do I need to get the canbus coded? Can someone sell me a coded canbus by any chance if so? I don't have access to VCDS.

Thanks

Offline BigstickytoffeeGTI30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
« Reply #152 on: October 13, 2020, 07:06:02 pm »
Hi All,

Can't seem to get a straight answer on this one question no matter what I read and where. I've got a 56 plate 2007 VW Golf MK5 GT 170. It's got the standard factory satnav in it at the moment (MFD2) and bluetooth handsfree kit. I've ordered a Desay 187B RCD330 which comes on monday and I assume I need a canbus to stop the battery drain. The question is do I need to get the canbus coded? Can someone sell me a coded canbus by any chance if so? I don't have access to VCDS.

Thanks

I'm with you on the complexity of this issue bud! Giving me a right headache for the easiest solution without spending a fortune. Looking at similar myself for a change from MFD2, keep me posted on how you get on. Do you have highline dash and MFSW controls???

Offline llugguss

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #153 on: November 28, 2020, 10:06:04 am »
Why don't you just ask a technician from an auto-service? I mean there is a higher probability that they dealt with this kind of issue before? Just saying...

Offline chigmuss

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 16
« Reply #154 on: December 02, 2020, 05:18:47 am »
Hi All,

Thanks

I'm with you on the complexity of this issue bud! Giving me a right headache for the easiest solution without spending a fortune. Looking at similar myself for a change from MFD2, keep me posted on how you get on. Do you have highline dash and MFSW controls???

@pashka on here would sort you with a can bus, configured to eliminate drain. Your RCD 330, in theory, should be a straight forward fit. I have an 06 Ed30 and the one I purchased was a breeze to fit. I ordered the MFSW adaptor too, and despite it's short coming of not 100% perfect function, I can live with one button not quite working as it should.

you may or may not get lucky on import duty. I wasn't and got a bill off Fedex I ended upping as they are a 'rip' but they black list your address if you try to dispute their charges.

Stripping out old hands free cabling was the hardest part of my install. The Mk6 camera wasn't even so bad. Good luck.

Offline Brianball

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #155 on: July 07, 2021, 02:19:53 am »
Is pashka still on here am looking for a canbus for my 06 r32 I have no clue how to contact him

Offline fakie1977

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 21
    • Email
« Reply #156 on: July 07, 2021, 03:02:13 pm »
Is pashka still on here am looking for a canbus for my 06 r32 I have no clue how to contact him
I think this is his email address when I bought one off him years ago.

gretairpovilas@gmail.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Brianball

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #157 on: July 07, 2021, 08:55:00 pm »
I've spoken to him through email cheers, has any one used a updated canbus in their car and if so does it work as it should because I've had a few people tell me unless you copy the settings from your old canbus to your new one it can throw up fault codes and cause problems?