Make a donation

Author Topic: Your driving pet peeves...  (Read 26720 times)

LupinsVW

Re: Your driving pet peeves...
« Reply #75 on: November 27, 2018, 08:58:57 am »
I have millions, I must be the grumpiest driver ever but my biggest ones are people who have no idea what size their car is and therefore have to drive in the middle of a narrow lane or have to constantly brake as they are worried their car might not get passed the car coming in the opposite direction.  Also, people who purchase large 4x4 vehicles and never use them for the purpose in with which they are intended and when you meet them down a narrow lane with pull ins they refuse to move over as they don't want to get their large 4x4 dirty or put it in the rough stuff!  :fighting:

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 670
« Reply #76 on: November 30, 2018, 04:29:10 pm »
Yep, always old blind men and women.  That isn't sexist, it's biology. Women have narrower spatial awareness than men.  A significant proportion of the driving public are well over due an eye test.  They are frickin menace and should be removed from the roads, or better still, the planet.

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D

Offline Juliand

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 18
    • Email
« Reply #77 on: December 29, 2018, 06:55:14 pm »
Not a driving peeve, but just an observation. I'm from the Midlands, and I reckon we're a friendly and considerate lot, in general, but we  moved to the South Coast a few years back , and people just seem to be so inconsiderate down here...Two examples.... Walking along the pavement into to town, and there is on-street parking, as many towns have, but the self centred morons who have just parked up, then just throw their doors open, without even looking or giving a second thought that some poor pedestrian might be walking along the pavement.....I sometimes stop and ask if they would like me to wait while they get out......I was carrying shopping bags one day and they caught on the car door that this woman passenger had flung open,  as I was alongside it (accidentally - of course), and the woman said loudly to her husband, "his bags have just banged on our car door .... WTF do you expect if you open it without looking, derrrrr!  The husband didn't say a word!  Next one, in a similar fashion, around here people  just barge straight out from  shop doors, without looking, or pausing, to see if anyone might be walking in front of the shops along the street. It's just Me; Me; Me....People are so rude and inconsiderate to other people.  :mad: Thoughts??