Make a donation

Author Topic: Grey Golf Mk5 GTD 170 DSG - MFSW FITTED  (Read 3057 times)

Offline Golfmk5GTD

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 4
Grey Golf Mk5 GTD 170 DSG - MFSW FITTED
« on: May 16, 2017, 11:25:27 pm »
Hi all,

After finally getting round to join this forum I though I would get a build thread going.

I've owned the car for over 2 and a half years now and still enjoy driving it to this day. Being the first Automatic car I'd owned I was impressed with the shift times of the DSG box. I was also impressed with the power of the 170 unit upgrading from a 115bhp 1.6 petrol!

Less of me rambling, time for some pics!

Lucky to be surrounded by some really nice views.

A few pictures taken after treating the car to a detailing session:-

I would appreciate any feedback you have.

Thanks for having a look.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 10:32:47 pm by Golfmk5GTD »

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
Re: Grey Golf Mk5 GTD 170 DSG
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2017, 01:33:26 am »
just needs lowering   :happy2:

Offline ChrisGT

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 40
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,106577.0.html
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2017, 09:07:45 am »
Very nice  :drinking: I do love those Monza 2s.

A remap can really transform how the car feels too. Much more responsive  :happy2:

Chris
It wouldn't be fun if it was easy, I just wish it wasn't this much fun.

Offline Golfmk5GTD

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2017, 05:57:44 pm »
Thanks guys,

These are 2 important things that I have considered and are on the to do list at some stage.

Offline Golfmk5GTD

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2017, 08:23:42 pm »
So I'm very pleased to announce I've now got a GTI MFSW on the way with flappy paddles. However I won't be rushing to fit this as I need the steering wheel buttons for the 2005 model.  :sad1:

(credit to myturbodiesel.com)

My car doesn't have the highline clocks so the buttons on the right hand side of the wheel would be useless. I've decided to get cruise control fitted at the same time. I don't understand why VW didn't bother fitting that as standard in a GT model car! Cheapskates.

Offline Golfmk5GTD

• Taking part
  • Thank You
Re: Grey Golf Mk5 GTD 170 DSG - MFSW FITTED
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2017, 10:42:42 pm »
So its been a good few days/weeks...

First of all I've managed to get the MFSW fitted and coded by Awesome GTI in Manchester. As mentioned above I also got cruise control fitted at the same time. A big shout out to them for the quality service and job!  :jumpmove:

I found the standard paddles to small so picked up some DSG paddle extenders.

I also had to fit the steering wheel control adapter to get the buttons working which went well. However annoyingly back and next track buttons on the right of the wheel don't work for the deck. They are for the highline computer only although I did expect this from the research I'd done.  :sad1:

However the biggest update so far is a new set of wheels as. I got a cracking deal on some genuine BBS CH's. I put these on as the current Monza's require a refurb.

Not the best picture however I will upload some more after I have detailed the car this weekend.

I'm still in 2 mind's whether to sell the Monza's or get them refurbed and put them back on.

I also managed to get brand new front wings fitted by VW under corrosion warranty and they've done a cracking job with the colour match. Again pics of these to come soon.

Thanks for looking