Make a donation

Author Topic: Aircon issue  (Read 2138 times)

Offline 1.8T Chap

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
Aircon issue
« on: May 26, 2017, 07:31:25 pm »
Hi, I have an issue this evening with my a/c. Left work drove a couple of miles and a/c blowing normal cold then suddenly stopped blowing cold and and hot air like outside temp was just blowing in. Got home checked the fans and they were both spinning, pressed econ button and fans stopped pressed auto and fans started again as normal just hot air coming through.

Any ideas what else I can check as I have heard and read compressors are common. How can I check if mine is working as it should? Or what else can I check?

Thanks.

Offline 1.8T Chap

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
Re: Aircon issue
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2017, 10:30:16 pm »
I've just tried it again and when I go from econ to auto you can hear the engine note change as tho more load is being taken from the engine so that must mean the compressor is running? I checked and last had a/c service in May 2014 so 3 years ago so allowing for gas seapage I can only assume the level of refrigerant has dropped below a certain threshold for the system to operate normally? I'm going to try and get a free check done tomorrow to check the gas level for piece of mind and then get it serviced. Fingers crossed.

Offline 1.8T Chap

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2017, 06:11:00 pm »
UPDATE: Ok went to Halfords this morning as they offer a free a/c gas level check - they plugged there measuring device onto the low level pipe squeezed the trigger and it read into the red/danger area which signifies too high pressure - squeezed the trigger a couple more times and pressure came down to green, they tried it again and it shot into red high pressure once more so were reluctant to do any regassing, assumed it was compressor fault.

I plugged VCDS in and no faults within HVAC system saw these on the measuring values screen so wondering if anyone can say this is a compressor issue? or could i expect to see a fault code if there was something else wrong?

http://s225.photobucket.com/user/Holster1_2007/media/IMG_5861.jpg.html
« Last Edit: May 27, 2017, 06:33:40 pm by 1.8T Chap »

Justinio

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2017, 11:10:26 pm »
I've got the same problem. I've done a bit of reading and reckon it could be the compressor valve. So I'm going to order a new one and swap it as it's cheap and easy.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk