Make a donation

Author Topic: FITTED MFSW CHEAPLY DONE  (Read 16672 times)

Offline Vithu06

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Re: FITTED MFSW CHEAPLY DONE
« Reply #45 on: August 05, 2016, 12:03:30 am »
Wow can you send a link of the module

Offline ducman77

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 59
  • -Receive: 54
« Reply #46 on: August 09, 2016, 07:46:37 pm »
Brilliant write up!

I stole the multifunction steering wheel out of my wife's car and put my non MF wheel into her car :ashamed:

She says sh doesn't mind but I know she misses the buttons!! Gonna do this job for her!! She'll be chuffed I know it! Thanks again for the write up :happy2: :happy2: :happy2:

Offline fivetide

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
« Reply #47 on: August 09, 2016, 11:03:23 pm »
So you have to have the highline clocks to fit these buttons? Sorry - total newb question but I really really miss simply changing the volume of the radio on the steering wheel having bought the golf. I was going to get the buttons from pashka but I don't want to have to spend another couple of hundred quid just to do that!

MPS

« Reply #48 on: August 10, 2016, 08:23:12 pm »
^If you do what I did and source a pair of older [pre 2005.5 model year] version buttons , not easy as they are quite rare, and your setup is like mine:

My setup is an RCD510, midline clocks, no bluetooth so obviously the left hand buttons don't do anything. But the right hand set let me:

1. Switch radio stations or tracks if listening to MP3s on SD card with the left and right buttons [as opposed to up/down on the newer buttons.]

2. Adjust the volume.

There is a mute button on the left hand button set but it doesn't work, I suspect it might work with bluetooth.

NOTE: If you try to do this with the newer buttons and a midline display cluster it WON'T WORK!

Offline mikezs

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 12
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: August 10, 2016, 10:39:06 pm »
I'm going to have a crack at this soon. I bought:

Passat wheel with buttons: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/322164478179 £45
CH Steering wheel module: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161853203992 £36
Airbag loom (Mk6, but should fit!) http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/201618601296 £11.22

Hopefully can sell my midline (for cruise) BN module and the wheel when I'm finished the install.

Not looking forward to doing the steering angle re-alignment thing

Offline fivetide

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #50 on: August 11, 2016, 09:01:12 pm »
^If you do what I did and source a pair of older [pre 2005.5 model year] version buttons , not easy as they are quite rare, and your setup is like mine:

My setup is an RCD510, midline clocks, no bluetooth so obviously the left hand buttons don't do anything. But the right hand set let me:

1. Switch radio stations or tracks if listening to MP3s on SD card with the left and right buttons [as opposed to up/down on the newer buttons.]

2. Adjust the volume.

There is a mute button on the left hand button set but it doesn't work, I suspect it might work with bluetooth.

NOTE: If you try to do this with the newer buttons and a midline display cluster it WON'T WORK!

Brilliant thanks! Any idea how to tell if the buttons are old ones or not? All I want to do is change the volume as and when needed!

MPS

« Reply #51 on: August 11, 2016, 09:27:46 pm »
If all you need to do is change volume then you might get away with new style buttons? Cheaper and easier and if it doesn't work you can always sell them on.

Offline fivetide

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #52 on: August 11, 2016, 09:42:28 pm »
top stuff. I may well give it a go then. It just annoys me not being able to turn the tunes up and down without taking my hands off the wheel.

MPS

« Reply #53 on: August 24, 2016, 08:42:44 pm »
top stuff. I may well give it a go then. It just annoys me not being able to turn the tunes up and down without taking my hands off the wheel.

Any developments?  :popcornsoda:

Offline fivetide

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #54 on: August 24, 2016, 11:06:29 pm »
I've got some second hand buttons so definitely older ones but no idea exactly how old. Looks like I need a few other bit though to even make them work by the look of it so need to collect a loom and the other bits from somewhere.

If they don't work I guess I can keep them on as they'll look smart!

Offline jaye2992

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #55 on: September 02, 2016, 12:45:34 pm »
Ive already got highline display so am i right in thinking that i only need the buttons and ch module? And then coding...
Yes, airbag loom and the little black connector at the bottom where the buttons wire and new airbag loom plug into

Do you know a part number for the airbag loom?  :smiley:

MPS

« Reply #56 on: September 03, 2016, 01:28:39 pm »
Ive already got highline display so am i right in thinking that i only need the buttons and ch module? And then coding...
Yes, airbag loom and the little black connector at the bottom where the buttons wire and new airbag loom plug into

Do you know a part number for the airbag loom?  :smiley:

Careful, there are 2 options depending on whether your airbag has single or dual ignitors!

Offline mikezs

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 12
    • Email
« Reply #57 on: June 22, 2017, 04:49:17 pm »
Here's some pics from when I replaced mine: