Make a donation

Author Topic: Gti / Edition 30 headlight washer retrofit (for legal xenons) Guide - Complete  (Read 14306 times)

Offline marko

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 33
    • Email
Did this retrofit to my own golf couple of years ago...nice job
2007 TR gt170...heated leather,underseat drawers,auto-levelling bi-xenons,puddle leds,chrome switches,footwell lights f+r,cruise control and ed30 rear lamps,LED interior....carbon highline clocks,ed30 front spoiler,RNS 510 P+MDI,mk6 gti gearknob,TPMS done,complete r32 trim kit+ MFSW,r32 f+r brakes,RLS fitted.headlamp washers,folding mirrors and boot pop,mk6 RVC,19"Helios,AP coilies,valeo LEDs  ...dpf delete and remap to finish off

willni

Did this retrofit to my own golf couple of years ago...nice job

Where were you when I had so many question?!  :signLOL:  have it all done now just waiting on a gasket to put it all together

Offline marko

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 33
    • Email
Lol...
I stay off here as much as possible..damn site has broke me with retrofits!!
2007 TR gt170...heated leather,underseat drawers,auto-levelling bi-xenons,puddle leds,chrome switches,footwell lights f+r,cruise control and ed30 rear lamps,LED interior....carbon highline clocks,ed30 front spoiler,RNS 510 P+MDI,mk6 gti gearknob,TPMS done,complete r32 trim kit+ MFSW,r32 f+r brakes,RLS fitted.headlamp washers,folding mirrors and boot pop,mk6 RVC,19"Helios,AP coilies,valeo LEDs  ...dpf delete and remap to finish off

willni

All plumbed in and put back together, still waiting for the gasket but can access it through the front left fog.

Also moved my ground wire to a solid grounding location in the engine bay, still getting a open or short to ground I've isolated this problem to the fuse box as I don't think I've installed the fuse wire fully into the box, any tips on adding a fuse to a fuse box would be greatly appreciated.

Edit - Just found out there's a lock on the fuse box once you open it which it most definitely the problem see link for guide https://www.my-gti.com/601/addition-of-extra-circuits-to-the-volkswagen-golf-jetta-passat-eos-scirocco-rabbit-fuse-box
« Last Edit: January 02, 2018, 08:37:18 pm by willni »

willni

Update - All sorted all working, until I went to fill it up and realised i didn't put in a gasket and fluid went all over the floor like a cartoon... oh well all grand now guide is now complete.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 01:58:17 pm by willni »

Offline Robsmib

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 3
@willni  Great guide, used it to fit to mine recently, Good to see you've had your bumper moldings painted and fitted. Just in case you are unaware you need to go into Instruments with VCDS and add the coding ( I think it was +3) to enable the clocks to display the low water level? Its like the low fuel warning so unmissable!