Make a donation

Author Topic: GOT7- BEWARE OF SPOILERS!  (Read 32030 times)

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 672
Re: GOT7
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2017, 02:14:02 pm »
First episode was a bit dull I thought?

Can anyone explain the whole "A Girl has no name" nonsense as well, and the room full of faces?  A season behind I know, but I was well confused by all that!!

I've heard a theory that the Throne is made of some special steel that can kill Sh1teStalkers, and the one thing everyone is desperate to take ownership of - the throne - will end up being dismantled to kill the stalkers with  :grin:

I'm just as lost as you and I'm thinking about watching the entire thing again to refresh my memory but that's something like 60 consecutive hours so it's not likely!

I popped my Scones cherry last year.  Me and the missus watched 1 - 6 over a couple of weeks.  Nearly gave up half way through series 1 as I couldn't see what the hype was about.....but then it grew on me!  But even now, it hasn't gripped me like Breaking Bad did.  I didn't get much sleep when I marathon watched that!

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D

Offline lukemk5gti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 118
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,89715.msg907250.html#msg907250
« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2017, 02:21:04 pm »

Can anyone explain the whole "A Girl has no name" nonsense as well, and the room full of faces?  A season behind I know, but I was well confused by all that!!

I've heard a theory that the Throne is made of some special steel that can kill Sh1teStalkers, and the one thing everyone is desperate to take ownership of - the throne - will end up being dismantled to kill the stalkers with  :grin:

I'm just as lost as you and I'm thinking about watching the entire thing again to refresh my memory but that's something like 60 consecutive hours so it's not likely!

I popped my Scones cherry last year.  Me and the missus watched 1 - 6 over a couple of weeks.  Nearly gave up half way through series 1 as I couldn't see what the hype was about.....but then it grew on me!  But even now, it hasn't gripped me like Breaking Bad did.  I didn't get much sleep when I marathon watched that!

Very true.

I could binge watch breaking bad but often found with GOT that I'd only watch the one episode....

Looking forward to Winter evenings when it's acceptable to resign from life at 7pm and binge watch sh*te tv for the evening!

Offline MIJ_JAGGER

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 103
  • -Receive: 77
« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2017, 02:53:37 pm »

First episode is always a bit "dull" I found but it's more of a "setting the vibe" episode of whatever's about to go down in the coming episodes, EPICNESS

Do you mean the Arya scene? Where she holds the sword to Jaqen and says she's leaving?

Valayrian steel and dragon glass are known to kill white walkers....I don't think the throne is made from Valayrian steel so....
That's why Sam has gone to the Citadel, as shown in episode 1 (without spoiling it for others)

Offline Pesky jones

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 18
« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2017, 04:03:41 pm »
Got to be tyrion hasnt it?
Tyrion is a straight up legend. Hope he doesn't die.
"I drink and I know things"

No no, I mean hes got to be the one to kill cercei

Offline Pesky jones

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 18
« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2017, 04:16:41 pm »
In regard to the propehcy cercei got when she went to the seer as a kid....

I think I still prefer breaking bad to game of thrones but its close.

Breaking bad wasnt just the storyline, it was the cinematography, the character development etc etc

Offline MIJ_JAGGER

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2017, 04:38:23 pm »
Breaking Bad was really really good, no denying. They could've carried on forever making episodes and it still would've been brilliant

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2017, 04:38:37 pm »

First episode is always a bit "dull" I found but it's more of a "setting the vibe" episode of whatever's about to go down in the coming episodes, EPICNESS

Do you mean the Arya scene? Where she holds the sword to Jaqen and says she's leaving?

Valayrian steel and dragon glass are known to kill white walkers....I don't think the throne is made from Valayrian steel so....
That's why Sam has gone to the Citadel, as shown in episode 1 (without spoiling it for others)

Well, all of it to be honest  :grin:  I kind of understood she was training to be an assassin or something, but I didn't understand the "Many faced god" and "a girl has no name" weird stuff!  And the big room full of faces.  Are they people they're going to kill, or have already killed?  Where do the masks come from?  I didn't get it  :grin:

Offline Scottymon

• Thank You
  • -Given: 83
  • -Receive: 125
  • UnNaturally Aspirated
  • My Ride: http://www.voodish.co.uk/misc/6n/6n-alive1.jpg
« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2017, 04:55:58 pm »
I think they were people they had killed; as the girl that beat the holy cr@p out of the Stark girl ended up in the " big room full of faces " iirc when she cut out the candle and took to her training with that little sword.  It's so engaging GOT, but if I'm honest I'm just wanting this big ass battle scene now, Dragons, Whitewalkers, probably the destruction of many cast members...

The amount of cash they get is nuts, someone told me around £2 million per episode. wow.

Breaking Bad; sensationally good.

Offline MIJ_JAGGER

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #38 on: July 20, 2017, 04:57:47 pm »

Well, all of it to be honest  :grin:  I kind of understood she was training to be an assassin or something, but I didn't understand the "Many faced god" and "a girl has no name" weird stuff!  And the big room full of faces.  Are they people they're going to kill, or have already killed?  Where do the masks come from?  I didn't get it  :grin:
Faces are of those who have been assassinated by the Faceless men or who have come to the house of black and white to seek death to rid them of their pain/suffering.
The faceless men use the faces as a disguise to carry out the assassinations and the work of their Many-Faced god.

The confusion is the best bit about GOT lol!

Anyone watch the series Lost? That was confusing!! Lol

Offline MIJ_JAGGER

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2017, 05:20:28 pm »
I think they were people they had killed; as the girl that beat the holy cr@p out of the Stark girl ended up in the " big room full of faces " iirc when she cut out the candle and took to her training with that little sword.  It's so engaging GOT, but if I'm honest I'm just wanting this big ass battle scene now, Dragons, Whitewalkers, probably the destruction of many cast members...

The amount of cash they get is nuts, someone told me around £2 million per episode. wow.

Breaking Bad; sensationally good.
Battle of the barstewardss was satisfying

Agreed! Just hope the final battle is orgasmic!!

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #40 on: July 21, 2017, 09:54:37 am »
Cheers chaps, makes sense, kind of  :grin:

Yeah it's all leading nicely to a big fruity battle isn't it.   Apparently this is the last season?

Offline MIJ_JAGGER

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #41 on: July 21, 2017, 10:55:05 am »
One more season after this...toes crossed!
The finale episodes of seasons 7 and 8 are rumoured to be an hour and a half too..!

Offline Adam0604

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 34
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,97534.0.html
« Reply #42 on: July 21, 2017, 06:41:34 pm »
One more season after this...toes crossed!
The finale episodes of seasons 7 and 8 are rumoured to be an hour and a half too..!

I'm not sure man, there is only 13-15 hours of air time left over 2 seasons, so there will only be about 6 episodes in each season if the finales of each are an hour and a half long.

Offline MIJ_JAGGER

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #43 on: July 27, 2017, 01:57:41 pm »

The hero(!)

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #44 on: July 27, 2017, 02:39:13 pm »
 :grin:

He can add a pair of balls to that order after last night's episode!  They like killing off main characters in GOT don't they!