Make a donation

Author Topic: MK5 GTI Stage 2 Figures?  (Read 3562 times)

Offline jaylufc17

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 48
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
MK5 GTI Stage 2 Figures?
« on: August 28, 2017, 08:40:59 pm »
own a mk5 gti dsg

currently has a generic stage 1 map on...

booked into r tech in october and going for dsg stage 2 map and custom stage 2 map

getting injectors cleaned too...

any one have an idea of figures..?

Offline VWgti2007

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Re: MK5 GTI Stage 2 Figures?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2017, 09:33:52 pm »
I had a stage 2 done and came out with 273bhp/311lbs from a induction kit,100 cell downpipe and gfb dv. Every car is completely different though 

Offline Paradox1

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 41
  • -Receive: 82
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2017, 12:06:35 pm »
depending on what mods you have, it can be around 270+
dont get hung up on figures, thought. Will be a very quick and capable car!

Offline Dave_d

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 5
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2017, 07:12:57 pm »
How much that setting you back pal?

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 672
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2017, 04:34:00 pm »
I had a stage 2 done and came out with 273bhp/311lbs from a induction kit,100 cell downpipe and gfb dv. Every car is completely different though

Impressive.  I don't think my ED30 has that much torque  :smiley:

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D

Offline AJP

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 392
  • -Receive: 316
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2017, 08:42:07 pm »

Impressive.  I don't think my ED30 has that much torque  :smiley:
You're still Stage 1 IIRC, Kev? But you have the all-important downpipe and pump upgrades? Get a 2+ map and you should see mid 300s torque-wise with your k04.

Mine apparently peaked at 345lb/ft with Stage 2 before I even fitted the Loba pump, although I'd suggest there's a bit of dyno lottery at play. Realistically for the specs it's probably closer to 320lb/ft, even with the Loba. But still good for a k03.

It'll be your map that's limiting your peak torque (ie fuel demands within the capabilities of a standard pump) if indeed you are still on Stage 1. :)

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2017, 09:42:28 am »
Yeah still stage 1 mate! 

It just feels slow these days, not sure what's up with it.   Hoping the turbo is worn out and then that will get my finger out to install the TTE420  :smiley:

Offline AJP

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2017, 10:06:50 am »
Yeah still stage 1 mate! 

It just feels slow these days, not sure what's up with it.   Hoping the turbo is worn out and then that will get my finger out to install the TTE420  :smiley:
I get that feeling with mine too bud. I'm still toying with the idea of going back to the standard airbox/cover, even though when I first fitted the Ramair it didn't feel any slower. It just seems to have lost that strong boosty feeling lately.

It could be I'm now subconsciously conditioned to the performance. It could be that the ambient temps are still a bit warm for perfect turbo goodness. Or it could be any number of other things in combination. Turbocharged cars are temperamental t***s, anyway!

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2017, 03:21:11 pm »
Yeah still stage 1 mate! 

I get that feeling with mine too bud. I'm still toying with the idea of going back to the standard airbox/cover, even though when I first fitted the Ramair it didn't feel any slower. It just seems to have lost that strong boosty feeling lately.

It could be I'm now subconsciously conditioned to the performance. It could be that the ambient temps are still a bit warm for perfect turbo goodness. Or it could be any number of other things in combination. Turbocharged cars are temperamental t***s, anyway!

They certainly are, even with modern iron fisted boost control!  In a way I'm looking forward to electric motors waving goodbye to inconsistent internal combustion engines!

You will like the soothing stock airbox for sure after the noise of a sponge on a pipe  :smiley:  It will defo rob you of a few ponies up top though, but you may not even feel it.

I'm wondering if my Loba is starting to go.  It's 2.5 years old now.   Part throttle boost feels surgey/pulsey, like a brake caliper is grabbing, letting go, grabbing, letting go......until I floor it and then it smooths out.  I dunno.  I'll have to get my man to stick it on the dyno and diagnose it.

Just when you get your car at a good point......it throws more issues your way.  Typical VW  :grin:

Offline AJP

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2017, 03:36:54 pm »
Yeah still stage 1 mate! 

They certainly are, even with modern iron fisted boost control!  In a way I'm looking forward to electric motors waving goodbye to inconsistent internal combustion engines!

You will like the soothing stock airbox for sure after the noise of a sponge on a pipe  :smiley:  It will defo rob you of a few ponies up top though, but you may not even feel it.

I'm wondering if my Loba is starting to go.  It's 2.5 years old now.   Part throttle boost feels surgey/pulsey, like a brake caliper is grabbing, letting go, grabbing, letting go......until I floor it and then it smooths out.  I dunno.  I'll have to get my man to stick it on the dyno and diagnose it.

Just when you get your car at a good point......it throws more issues your way.  Typical VW  :grin:
I get that surging, too. But only slightly, and only on a cold engine. Naturally it's under very light throttle. Once things are warmed up it's still lovely and smooth under WOT. Just a bit limp feeling.

I'd hope there's more life in a Loba than a couple of years. I got mine 2nd hand over a year ago, so it's possibly just as old!

Offline MrJT247

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2017, 09:33:51 pm »
Mines 4 years..! :sad1: