Make a donation

Author Topic: Rcd 310 switched live help asap  (Read 1985 times)

Offline Ant b

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 4
Rcd 310 switched live help asap
« on: September 14, 2017, 10:09:53 pm »
Hello I've just fitted a rcd 310 to my 2005 golf gti today,
And all is well but everyone is saying about the battery drain issues,but at the moment it seams fine and turns on/off with the ignition so I carnt really see the need for me to find another switched live.
What I don't want is to put all the trim etc back then my battery goes flat and I need to take it all of again,
So I'm gonna use a fuse tap for now and have located a switched live in my fuse box but what I don't know is what wire do I cut on the loom.as there's no way of knowing if I've done it right for a few days
red mk5 golf gti ks05 fak,ram air intake,3” downpipe/decat,dv+,bcs rev ll exhaust stage 1 remap.coilovers,whiteline rarb and depo projectors,
Edition 30 front splitter,r32/gti rear,r32 side skirts
Soon to be r tech stage 2

Offline SI-R32

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 125
Re: Rcd 310 switched live help asap
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2017, 10:12:07 pm »
The radio doesn't use a switched live, its permanent live and uses the can network to turn the radio on and off.
Loads of extra's and retro fits.

Offline Ant b

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2017, 10:15:08 pm »
As mine is the older can gateway do I need to find the permanent live on the stereo wiring loom then and then wire that to a switched live.
I will get a new
Canbus at a later date though
« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 10:22:56 pm by Ant b »
red mk5 golf gti ks05 fak,ram air intake,3” downpipe/decat,dv+,bcs rev ll exhaust stage 1 remap.coilovers,whiteline rarb and depo projectors,

Offline markrtw

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2017, 09:58:26 am »
If you cut the power cable you will lose memory & settings in the stereo. With CANBUS stereos, the power is always live and the switching is done within the stereo, not the ignition switch. The stereo receives commands from the CANBUS ECU, so basically it's computer controlled. I just bought a second hand CANBUS controller of the right type off Ebay for 5 quid and fitted / configured it following guides from on here. If you have access to VCDS its quite easy. It took me about an hour to fit the new CANBUS (fiddly up the top of the footwell) and about 5 mins to configure it.

Offline Ant b

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2017, 11:33:16 am »
No I don't have vcds and don't know anyone who does,I am now after a canbus though