Make a donation

Author Topic: Ohlins Road & Track DFV Coilovers  (Read 21968 times)

Offline colesey

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 89
Re: Ohlins Road & Track DFV Coilovers
« Reply #45 on: April 09, 2019, 02:20:07 pm »
I think I was one of the first people here with the Racingline kit almost 3 years ago and, as Pudding knows from our many conversations, I have ummed and ahhed for ages about replacing them with Ohlins but baulked at the cost in relation to the value of our cars. I eventually decided against it partly because of this reason but also because I am fundamentally happy with how the car drives. It makes a sporty yet comfortable upgrade over the oem suspension, with the caveat that it is still a bit soft and at its best upto 7/10 driving.

One of the things about Racingline which few mention is how it makes the front end more pointy, possibly due to the extra rake. Adding some upgraded arbs and superpro balljoints for both extra camber and to correct the lowered roll centre have also both been very worthwhile.

Were I looking for a suspension set up between these two in price, I would have both Relentless and Sachs coilovers on my short list. At the upper extreme, the Racingline Tracksport based on AST5200 looks like pretty decent value given it comes with adjustable top mounts and drop links.

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 670
« Reply #46 on: April 12, 2019, 06:14:54 pm »
At the end of the day, no coilovers can magic up more grip than 225 tyres are capable of, so it's purely a feel thing.  If the coilovers you choose feel good and don't shake your teeth out, then you've made the right choice.

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D

Offline Sonic

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #47 on: November 19, 2023, 12:44:57 pm »
At the end of the day, no coilovers can magic up more grip than 225 tyres are capable of, so it's purely a feel thing.  If the coilovers you choose feel good and don't shake your teeth out, then you've made the right choice.
Hi! I am new member and joined specifically for this topic,

I am also interested in buying these coilovers but I noticed that you sold them. Was it a quality issue? I am between them, KW street comfort and the racing line as a cheap option. Does it worth the investment?

Thanks in advance!

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 670
« Reply #48 on: November 20, 2023, 02:44:13 pm »
At 30K life span, no it's not a good investment.  Ohlins are never getting my money again. Absolute dogsh*t aftersales service.

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D