Make a donation

Author Topic: Leather Cleaning Drill Brush  (Read 5201 times)

willni

Leather Cleaning Drill Brush
« on: September 09, 2017, 12:12:52 pm »
(Note before I start I used this in combination with Dr. Leather Leather Cleaner)

You may be thinking to yourself why do I need this £12 brush just to clean leather? But if you're like me and enjoy your leather like how it came out of the factory and don't want to spend hours cleaning it (spent 4 hours cleaning a full leather interior before) then this is one of the biggest bang for buck tools you can get.

You can purchase it from http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/  here's the direct link;

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/accessories/detailing-brushes/light-duty-upholstery-carpet-brush/prod_1765.html

It can also be used for carpets and upholstery yet to try it for that, as I don't need to since I have rubber mats in my daily and don't eat in it.

The packaging isn't anything special it is what it is, you don't pay for excess.

Fitting it to the drill you'd be a numpty not to be able to fit it, 17mm spanner to tighten your chose attachment to the brush and then 10 seconds to put into the drill.

Now I know you're going to by saying that's all good but where's the evidence? We want proof! So here's some pictures of black interior before and after along with the steering wheel (I'll keep adding to the evidence when more cars come in).

Admittedly you'll think I'm nuts for thinking it's dirty, but I'm a part-time detailer so obviously I do. (Note - I spent 3 hours cleaning this by hand 3 months ago)

The inside of the seat is uncleaned the outside is here.

Left is before, right is after.

Forgot to get a picture of the before for the steering wheel but it was very shiny and this is after.

Plus Points;
It does the job fast and it does it well

Minus Points;
It's a little big to do the entire steering wheel or tight areas but you can manage.

Summary

For £12 I can certainly say it's going to get major use in my cleaning arsenal, and is definitely one of my musts for detailing now. Obviously there will be limits to how effective it is, but on the whole I could see many people getting use out of it even if they only need to use a few times.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 12:18:39 pm by willni »

Offline MIJ_JAGGER

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 103
  • -Receive: 77
Re: Leather Cleaning Drill Brush
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2017, 12:41:00 pm »
Brilliant work matey

willni

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2017, 06:49:52 pm »
My war on shiny leather continues along with a new fight against alcantara/suede, obviously alcantara is hard to seen in a photo. Also attached is a picture of the cloth after cleaning a leather steering wheel and 1 recaro after 5,000 miles showing how dirty black/grey leather gets even if you clean it weekly as well as how deep this brush cleans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

willni

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2017, 06:51:08 pm »
The darkest black and the accompanying grey and black on the cloth are actual dirt from the leather and wouldn’t be seen by normal eye

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline jason_rmh

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 69
  • -Receive: 81
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2017, 12:36:59 pm »
Did you use white brush on leather? I guess white is the softest of the three?

I used a yellow one on my seats which did a good job but was maybe a bit harsh so I didn't go crazy with it.

Jas

VCDS (Preston, Lancashire)

willni

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2017, 10:49:20 am »
Did you use white brush on leather? I guess white is the softest of the three?

I used a yellow one on my seats which did a good job but was maybe a bit harsh so I didn't go crazy with it.

Jas

Yes it is the softest and I use the white on leather, I also use it for carpets and upholstery. The yellow is very tough so I only use it for small patches. My thinking is if you can't use it on the palm of your hand don't use it on leather.

Offline Williamrush

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2021, 11:23:17 am »
I also once spilled coffee with cream, I had to call the cleaners. The most annoying thing is that I had all the means for cleansing, but they did not fit. Then I contacted the guys who move out cleaning greenwich .and they helped me clean up. In general, the main work of this company is cleaning at the end of the lease. My friend also contacted them because his landlord demanded proof and my friend provided a payment receipt. However, I do not understand why the evidence, if everything is clear
« Last Edit: April 26, 2021, 03:52:32 pm by Williamrush »