Make a donation

Author Topic: No Uber service in London....who gives a sh1t?  (Read 7958 times)

Offline rich83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 801
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=iaa45c8a8s771t81qgbrp3cshv&/topic,19740.0.html
Re: No Uber service in London....who gives a sh1t?
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2017, 06:02:55 pm »
Agreed. (hang on... did we agree on something.  :grin: )

Offline FJ1000

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 48
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,101205.0.html
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2017, 11:14:19 pm »
Erm.

Trump promotes the dumbasses on Fox "news" and brands any factual reporting as "fake news"!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2007 Golf Gti DSG | Leather Wingbacks | Xenons | VWR Springs | Tinted Windows | 18" Audi Speedlines |

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 670
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2017, 09:59:57 am »
How do you KNOW it's fake?

Regardless, the press sensationalise everything out of proportion.   Who gives a toss if May coughed during her presentation?  She's a human being.  Get over it.

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2017, 10:00:43 am »

It had to happen one day  :laugh:

Offline Dogma

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 15
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2018, 04:37:00 pm »

Never watch the local or National news, unless it’s about vw’s or tech
MK5 ED30

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2018, 07:12:28 pm »

Ha, the press are murdering VW to death over Dieselgate and gassing Monkeys  :grin:   I mean, you can't make this sh1t up can you?  Adolf Hitler founded VW in 1937.  Hitler liked using gas on innocent people because, well, he was a sociopathic, xenophobic, genocidal maniac.  81 years on, and Hitler's legacy is still poisoning people with gas!

And now Trump, Kim Jong Un and Putin have replaced Hitler, Kim II-Sung and Stalin.  Heaven help us!   How is it arrogant psychopaths end up running the world?  There's definitely something wrong with the human race.

Offline Dogma

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 15
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2018, 09:55:19 pm »

Ha, the press are murdering VW to death over Dieselgate and gassing Monkeys  :grin:   I mean, you can't make this sh1t up can you?  Adolf Hitler founded VW in 1937.  Hitler liked using gas on innocent people because, well, he was a sociopathic, xenophobic, genocidal maniac.  81 years on, and Hitler's legacy is still poisoning people with gas!

And now Trump, Kim Jong Un and Putin have replaced Hitler, Kim II-Sung and Stalin.  Heaven help us!   How is it arrogant psychopaths end up running the world?  There's definitely something wrong with the human race.

Hi hear that brother. its a crazy planet we happen to live on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MK5 ED30

Offline slyvander

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2021, 09:18:25 pm »
I noticed that in recent years, the services of Uber have become rarely used, due to the fact, that there are constantly problems with this company.

Offline Alanhey

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2021, 05:39:06 pm »
I noticed that in recent years, the services of Uber have become rarely used, due to the fact, that there are constantly problems with this company. Uber constantly has conflicts with someone and problems with drivers. I used to love this company very much, but because of the constant problems with drivers, I began to use their services rarely. They set me up on the day when I had to come to the airport and the driver refused to order at the last moment. I was terribly angry and since then, for trips to the airport, I use the services that provide on https://www.twelvetransfers.com/destinations/taxi/fort-lauderdale-airport/. Uber's company should be more respectful of its customers.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2021, 08:07:22 am by Alanhey »

Offline GVK

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 62
    • GVKmotorsport
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2021, 09:50:00 pm »

Offline LC5F

• Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 79
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2021, 12:10:56 pm »
old thread -

I was an early adopter of uber before the start date of this thread. As already mentioned, a vastly better experience than black cabs - plus 40% cheaper. With the ride tracking software it is great to know that you can go to any big city and be confident of good service and you wont get ripped off.

Funny this was all blown up originally by a Labour mayor saying uber were losing their licence as new drivers were using a service that was was not doing proper driver vetting.

The rub was the vetting service the drivers were using was approved by Transport for London - an organisation under the control of the mayor.

All uber were doing was provide a list of these TFL approved vetting companies during the new driver application, plus an estimate provided by the companies of how long the service would take... strangely, everyone went for the quickest service, this was the one that was not checking.

Even if they had manage to bin Uber from London, they would have just moved everyone to councils outside London that were allowed to operate in London.

I would say this was all pure political spin.

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2021, 11:38:37 pm »
I've never used Uber. Are they any good?  Can you request a Lamborghini or Ferrari uber?  That would be interesting, if a little expensive  :grin:

I have seen 'Uber eats' bikes roaming around though, which got me thinking.  Is there a gap in the market for delivering absolutely ANYTHING at any time, on demand?  "Hey, I'm in a meeting, urgently deliver me a pack of whiteboard pens to this address" or "Yo Uber dudes, I'm kinda in the middle of it with my new bird, urgently deliver me a pack of rubbers to this address".  Could be some bucks in that.

Offline MKMike

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2021, 10:56:30 am »
I've never used Uber. Are they any good?  Can you request a Lamborghini or Ferrari uber?  That would be interesting, if a little expensive  :grin:

I have seen 'Uber eats' bikes roaming around though, which got me thinking.  Is there a gap in the market for delivering absolutely ANYTHING at any time, on demand?  "Hey, I'm in a meeting, urgently deliver me a pack of whiteboard pens to this address" or "Yo Uber dudes, I'm kinda in the middle of it with my new bird, urgently deliver me a pack of rubbers to this address".  Could be some bucks in that.
1. Uber are amazing especially for travelling. No more getting ripped off by local cabbies.
2. You already have that with Amazon 1 hour delivery on some items. Scary how quick it all is.

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2021, 03:46:07 am »
I can totally agree cabbies are a total rip!  £8 for a 2 mile ride where I live.

My standard Amazon Prime deliveries are usually "Your driver might bother himself to turn up at some point between 10:00 and 21:00, dump it somewhere in your front garden, or cram it through a gap in your window, or toss it over the back fence, and scarper"

I shall keep an eye out for this 1 hour delivery epicness! I expect you have to pay handsomely for this exalted service?

DPD are the best I've experienced so far.  "Your driver, Roger, will deliver your package between 10:00-11:00" and sure enough, Roger has knocked at my door at 10:30 on the dot over the last 20 or so deliveries. And what a thoroughly decent chap Roger is.

DH Hell, Yodel, Herpes, Royal Snail.....uselessness.