Make a donation

Author Topic: Ordinary heater panel to ECON heater panel ( Not Climatronic )  (Read 1292 times)

MattmanMK5

Ordinary heater panel to ECON heater panel ( Not Climatronic )
« on: December 28, 2017, 10:17:11 pm »
Hello everyone,

Recently installed a set of heated GTI seats into my Golf. Many thanks to jason_rmh for his guide. I had to buy a new heater panel that had the heated seat switches. It's basically the same as my old one except it has a ECON button. Just running into a little issue where the new panel won't light up and my rear defroster and air circulation button aren't working. I found the which wire was used to light up the old panel and tired it in every pin on the new unit but had no luck.

Found this http://workshop-manuals.com/volkswagen/golf-mk5/heating_ventilation_air_conditioning_system/heating_air_conditioning/air_conditioner/air_conditioning_system_with_manual_controls_quot;climaticquot;/connectors_on_controls_for_heating_and_air_conditioning_quot;climaticquot;/pin_assignment_for_multi-pin_connectors_on_back_of_controls_for_heating_and_air_conditioning_quot;climaticquot;/

However it's missing all the pin outs that I want to find out.

I'm just looking to get the rear defroster, air circulation and backlight to work again. Not the end of the world without them but I'd like to fix them. If anyone has any ideas with this I'd really appreciate your help. Thanks!

Old Panel:

New Panel:

Offline jason_rmh

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 69
  • -Receive: 81
Re: Ordinary heater panel to ECON heater panel ( Not Climatronic )
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2018, 07:20:46 pm »
It may be that you have the wrong panel. I'm not 100%, but I think the panel with ECON is from a car with air con.

ECON button means economy mode. Eg air con off when button is illuminated.

In later models the ECON button changed to an AC button.

From your original panel, your car doesn't have aircon?

I'm not sure if it's relevant to your issue, but first thing that came to mind. If it's the wrong panel and the pins / circuitry are different could cause strange behaviour.

Jas

VCDS (Preston, Lancashire)