Make a donation

Author Topic: Mk5 O/S/R Door locked shut! HELP!  (Read 1508 times)

Offline Ben08GtTdi

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 0
Mk5 O/S/R Door locked shut! HELP!
« on: February 05, 2018, 05:34:24 pm »
Hi guys I was wondering if anyone could give me any help/advice on my Golf Mk5 5door the o/s/r door is locked shut :( won’t open from the inside or outside or anything on the button! All other doors and boot are okay. Any help would be great  :happy2: thanks

Offline marko

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 33
    • Email
Re: Mk5 O/S/R Door locked shut! HELP!
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2018, 07:10:39 pm »
Common fault ...you'll need a new door lock.
Keep messing with it,hopefully you can get it open 1 more time otherwise it's a pig of a job to replace
2007 TR gt170...heated leather,underseat drawers,auto-levelling bi-xenons,puddle leds,chrome switches,footwell lights f+r,cruise control and ed30 rear lamps,LED interior....carbon highline clocks,ed30 front spoiler,RNS 510 P+MDI,mk6 gti gearknob,TPMS done,complete r32 trim kit+ MFSW,r32 f+r brakes,RLS fitted.headlamp washers,folding mirrors and boot pop,mk6 RVC,19"Helios,AP coilies,valeo LEDs  ...dpf delete and remap to finish off

Offline Neil 54

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 5
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2018, 07:34:54 pm »
Hi when my front passenger door did this I was told to use the key fob press unlock while trying to open door did this a few times and was lucky as it opened hope you have the same result

Offline Octoparrot

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 99
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2018, 10:02:03 pm »
Thump with the side of your fist around the lock whilst pulling on the handle at the same time.

Offline Ben08GtTdi

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2018, 07:51:35 pm »
Thanks for all your help  :happy2: I’ll give these ago tomo and fingers crossed get it open