Make a donation

Author Topic: MK5 Golf GT 4Motion Sport 2.0 16v Graphite Blue Pearl Effect  (Read 12935 times)

Offline Lhasa

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 1
MK5 Golf GT 4Motion Sport 2.0 16v Graphite Blue Pearl Effect
« on: March 20, 2018, 10:15:30 pm »
I've been lurking on the forum for a while, as I'm working on a sorting out a 2008 Edition 30 at the moment.. :happy2:

But I would love to know if any other members have any 4motion TDI's? (Hopefully the mod's will be OK with this post?)

Basically it's a combination of a TDI, GTI and R32 all rolled into one?
What's not to like having a R32 60 litre fuel tank and TDI 55mpg = 660 mile tank range? And improved cornering with less understeer due to the 4motion drive train.

So, below is my 2006 *3* door GT 4motion TDI 2.0 16v BKD, registered as sport 4motion, and as far as I know one of only two in this colour & spec with three doors in the UK.

Blue Graphic Pearl effect with factory leather and over 4k worth of factory fitted options.

I also got a NOS set of 17" Indianapolis wheels for Summer and Imola's with full snow tyres for Winter.

« Last Edit: March 20, 2018, 10:26:21 pm by Lhasa »

Offline Raj2212

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 75
  • -Receive: 20
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,115142.0.html
Re: MK5 Golf GT 4Motion Sport 2.0 16v Graphite Blue Pearl Effect
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2018, 10:28:03 am »
Welcome  :happy2: Rare motor you have there. Shadow blue too nicely

Offline Christiank

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 39
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,110924.0.html
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2018, 09:39:07 am »
All this and the first buyer of the car didn't check of Xenon headlights?  :fighting:
------ ----- ----- ---- -- -
 :drinking:
Just had to poke to you since I'm so crazy about you had the BKD and then it's with 4motion from factory!  :driver:  My BKD will defo miss the 4motion when it'll make 300bhp as soon my rebuilded engine will be installed  :chicken:

Any crazy retrofits in mind or do you keeping it as is?
MK5 TDI 2.0 MY2005 - FULL OF RETROFITS:
MK6 dashboard - BCM converted - MK7 cruise control MFSW - PLA 2.0 - 3D instrument cluster - Discover Media 2 - Highline TPMS - 10ch Dynaudio system - KESSY with start button

Offline Lhasa

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2018, 06:26:23 pm »
All this and the first buyer of the car didn't check of Xenon headlights?  :fighting:
------ ----- ----- ---- -- -
 :drinking:
Just had to poke to you since I'm so crazy about you had the BKD and then it's with 4motion from factory!  :driver:  My BKD will defo miss the 4motion when it'll make 300bhp as soon my rebuilded engine will be installed  :chicken:

Agreed. Xenon would have been nice. Apart from that, I don't think there was anything else that wasn't ticked on the options list!  :happy2:

I've upgraded to 310mm GTI front brakes nd rears are now Audi Quattro items. Plenty of stopping power with Brembo disks/pads.

Sooo tempted to install a Darkside development kit.. :laugh:

Offline Lhasa

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2018, 06:30:24 pm »
Welcome  :happy2: Rare motor you have there. Shadow blue too nicely

The blue is Graphite Blue Pearl rather than Shadow. I'll see if I've got some more images to show off the pearl effect when in the sunshine.  :smiley:

I know there are a few 5 doors model with cloth interior for sale, but not any 06 plated 3 doors, and especially any three doors with factory leather as standard  :happy2:

Offline horsemeat

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 4
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2018, 04:55:47 pm »
There's something really cool about that spec! Nice car.

Offline Lhasa

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2018, 08:17:07 pm »
There's something really cool about that spec! Nice car.

Thanks!  :happy2:

It replaced my old 2.0 16v GTI, and this drives so much better and actually feels quicker with the amount of torque available.

Offline Lhasa

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2018, 08:18:24 pm »

Just checked your thread! Crazy amount of mod. v.nice  :happy2:
Food for thought!

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 670
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2018, 08:28:37 pm »
I didn’t know such a car existed! Really cool  :happy2:

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D

Offline Christiank

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2018, 08:49:11 pm »
I've bought a used engine from 2008 that didn't had to much milage in it, I've pulled everything apart anyway though. Better be safe than sorry when you'll make the engine perform more than 100% of what standard specs are :)

I'm running :
Darkside Developments hardpipe kit
Darkside Developments TIP kit
Darkside Developments S3 intercooler
Darkside Developments turbo kit with downpipe
Darkside Developments AEM airfilter kit
4bar MAP sensor
Firad nozzles

All my engine parts has been vapour or soda blasted, new seals, new filters, new screws/nuts/bolts, new piston rings, new tandem pump, new water pump, Forge motorsport coolant hoses, new fuel hoses, new cambelt kit and all that  :party: :party:

Really looking forward to this engine is installed to the car and mapped :D

Maybe I should look into converting it to a 4motion if it's possible to find the parts to a reasonable price somehwere when I'm doing the DSG convertion to next winter hehe
MK6 dashboard - BCM converted - MK7 cruise control MFSW - PLA 2.0 - 3D instrument cluster - Discover Media 2 - Highline TPMS - 10ch Dynaudio system - KESSY with start button

Offline Lhasa

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2018, 05:04:49 pm »
I didn’t know such a car existed! Really cool  :happy2:

Thanks!  :happy2:

Offline Lhasa

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2018, 05:11:15 pm »
I've bought a used engine from 2008 that didn't had to much milage in it, I've pulled everything apart anyway though. Better be safe than sorry when you'll make the engine perform more than 100% of what standard specs are :)

I'm running :
Darkside Developments hardpipe kit
Darkside Developments TIP kit
Darkside Developments S3 intercooler
Darkside Developments turbo kit with downpipe
Darkside Developments AEM airfilter kit
4bar MAP sensor
Firad nozzles

All my engine parts has been vapour or soda blasted, new seals, new filters, new screws/nuts/bolts, new piston rings, new tandem pump, new water pump, Forge motorsport coolant hoses, new fuel hoses, new cambelt kit and all that  :party: :party:

Really looking forward to this engine is installed to the car and mapped :D

Maybe I should look into converting it to a 4motion if it's possible to find the parts to a reasonable price somehwere when I'm doing the DSG convertion to next winter hehe

Nice bit of kit and get idea with the soda blasting. I'd like to get some parts soda blasted, but can't find anything local to me at the moment, so have been soaking parts in Cillit Bang! This will strip surface rust from anything and help to get a factory clean look if soaked long enough lol.

Looks like you need to find a R32 running gear and bolt on. Should be a a straight forward retro fit, except for changing the boot floor.  :happy2:   

Offline Lhasa

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2018, 06:28:16 pm »
Summer picture with factory optional 17" Indianapolis speedlines.

Offline Christiank

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2018, 10:29:41 pm »
Not sure if it take rust, but if you come by some called "nitromors" I would grab a it and test if this will do the job, this product will remove even epoxy  - But remember to use it with plenty of fresh air recirc or els  :rolleye: :rolleye:

Offline Stupots

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 35
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2018, 07:11:53 am »
Hi @Lhasa

There are a few TDI 4Motion owners on her, @ady-uk has done plenty of mods to his, look up his posts. I have a Black 06 Sport 4Motion, with factory Xenons, Dual Zone Climatronic and Sunroof. I spent more than 2 years for the right spec to come along and have added R32 leather interior, MK6 FBSW with controls, RNS510 and other small changes.

I've got 340mm Mk7 Golf R front brakes to put on in the next couple of weeks (already put 310mm on the back) and then I'm ready to fit the Narco Tuning hybrid turbo, DS hard pipe kit, S3 large intake intercooler and Sachs Racing Clutch. It should give about 230bhp, but will be factory downpipe, so no issues with MOTs in the future, as they appear to be getting more and more strict and I can't be a**ed with swapping a decat out every year. I did consider the Darkside GTB2260 kit, but the cost for that really starts to build if you want the 300bhp it can give with supporting mods.

I look forward to seeing what you do to yours, keep an eye out for front wing, front seal and rear tailgate rust (around the badge). I'm replacing my tailgate as mine is quite unsightly now.

Cheers

Stu
2006 VW Golf Mk5 Sport TDI 4Motion (140 BKD)