Make a donation

Author Topic: Mk5 Golf Limp mode issues  (Read 1765 times)

Gemz92

Mk5 Golf Limp mode issues
« on: April 28, 2018, 09:59:01 am »
Hello, DESPERATE need of help, I’ve had the car barely 2 years and in the last 3/4 months the car has started to go into limp mode at 60-70mph without any warning lights or a pattern to indicate when it may happen again as it’s an intermittent problem. I pull over and take out of gear, left running for about 5 mins then carry on with my journey at 50mph until home and seems to be fine. I’ve taken it to the garage twice and each time no fault codes, nothing from a full diagnostics, runs smoothly on a test run and even the AA couldn’t work it out so I’m at a loss.

I’ve already had the fuel filter changed recently (2weeks ago), alternator, clutch, egr valve, boost pipe, turbo all been changed in under a year (partial list of what has been replaced) the only warning I get when it’s going to happen is a feeling like I’ve been hit by an imaginary force field and if I don’t pull over it will give that feeling off 3/4 more times before it then starts to decline speed and no change of gear then acceleration will work to get it back to life so that’s when I pull over and wait for 5/10mins then carry on at 50mph.

Typically never happens when my partner is in the car just myself and our little boy.