Make a donation

Author Topic: First “must do” mods  (Read 1024 times)

Offline Watola123

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
First “must do” mods
« on: May 05, 2018, 06:38:13 am »
Thought I would ask the pros

What are you first go to mods on the ed30
Don’t know to much on the tfsi lumps
I know on my old 20vt lots of tricky little mods to get it running better, n249 delete
Etc

Offline ROH ECHT

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 113
  • -Receive: 147
  • K04 PLAY....ZOOM DIS!
Re: First “must do” mods
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2018, 07:14:12 am »
Thought I would ask the pros

What are you first go to mods on the ed30
Don’t know to much on the tfsi lumps
I know on my old 20vt lots of tricky little mods to get it running better, n249 delete
Etc
The "N249/Diverter Valve(DV)/or Turbocharger Recirculating Valve" delete is a bad idea. Not even good to swap it for a Blow-off Valve. Keep the latest oem revision(-D or -G) DV in it or add a GFB DV mod. Although I run an AWE Porsche DV...it's vac/boost operated.

Wanting to get it running better or stronger? You get the best power bump with a tune...you can get more HP with a HPFP internals kit and a tune. Remember, if you do do the hpfp internals upgrade...you will need to pay close attention to the cam follower life and add a new one every 10k to 20k miles. Keeping the hpfp stock allows the cam follower to last between 80k to 120k miles give or take. And you should replace it before it alerts you with an error code, MFD warning, or CEL. Research and decide on which tune you want...see what hardware requirements they want installed before tuning...get there and then tune. Small little tweaks and deletes will not help it run better or stronger.

My suggestions are always take time to decide and work towards the end goal. So, while deciding on a tune....it is safe to go with choosing your intake and down-pipe or full turbo-back. These are required for tuning. Decide if you want to upgrade the FMIC and install at any time. Research if you want the hpfp upgrade or not...install the hpfp upgrade just before getting tuned.  For better engine health...check or replace your cam follower, address the DV or let it go until it fails and get a new one at that time, and test your PCV; disconnect the tube that goes to the PCV at the intake manifold and blow into it...it should seal 100%. There's much more, and having a way to read codes and begin understanding them is helpful. Ross-Tech's Vag-Com and VCDS are good but there are other options.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2018, 07:29:26 am by ROH ECHT »
K04 PLAY...K04 turbo/S3 INJ. & FMIC/FORGE FMTC, TB hose, & WG actuator/GIAC's H.O. K04 & DSG TUNES/AWE DV/NEUSPEED P-FLO,TURBO OUTLET & TB pipe/AUTOTECH hpfp/BSH Eng.&Trans Mounts/H&R ARB's/Whiteline Performance springs & W.A.L.K./ECS stage-3 BBK/BILSTEIN B8's...ZOOM'DIS...GIAC K04 tune-2007 Volkswagen GTI: 12.823 @ 112.050 MPH__Voting for my Dragtimes link: http://www.dragtimes.com/Volkswagen-GTI-Timeslip-25700.html?r=1