Make a donation

Author Topic: Best sounding intake  (Read 10630 times)

Offline gixerben

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 11
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,92657.msg930393.html#msg930393
Re: Best sounding intake
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2019, 05:09:54 pm »
yeah, the plate is a billet item so looks to have been revised, and to be honest it seems that all uprated clutches have issues good/bad and you just have to make your decision and stick to it!
Nothing will be as user friendly as OEM but if were gonna increase engine performance over standard and maintain some reliability then sacrifices need to be made..

Can I ask how many miles you covered in the 4 years? I would have owned mine 10 years at this point so it my still be in my ownership or not!

As for the 7R they are still a little out of reach at present, especially when it spends most of the week sitting on my driveway
Pirelli GTI

Offline absolute

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 13
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2019, 06:06:01 pm »
I would love an MK7.5 R or a Audi S3.

Might sound doom and gloom, but I sometimes feel that I don't want to own a MK7 R because of the amount of them that get targeted and stolen.

There has been lots of car crime in my area, and I live in a non ghetto part of Cheshire. They are steal to order now, what with them relaxing the rules on written off cars.

They steal to repair write offs, and sell them on clean.

Don't really feel like having someone come into my home for a set of car keys.

Edition 30 #1994 now sold. *cries*

Offline Dan_FR

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 132
  • -Receive: 189
  • wait...what?
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2019, 07:55:49 am »
High end vag car crime is just plain daft at the moment - the funny thing is these scum bags are so brazen they're streaming live videos and posting the cars they've stolen all over instagram. For the 3-4K miles a year that we do nowadays I'll stick with my trusty old Leon
TFSI... Revo Stage 2+... . WMI.... VCDS HEX + CAN, MPPS, VAG Commander & VAG tacho - South Wales

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 801
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=u4dk581ap8dbmtg2mvscd9h9r2&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2019, 09:24:43 am »
High end vag car crime is just plain daft at the moment - the funny thing is these scum bags are so brazen they're streaming live videos and posting the cars they've stolen all over instagram. For the 3-4K miles a year that we do nowadays I'll stick with my trusty old Leon

Did you see the pics of the 7R on a dealer forecourt? Wheels gone..... all brakes gone.....

They couldnt sell a 7R cheap enough to tempt me to buy one.... No way on earth I would even think about owning one, never mind buying one.

Offline Dan_FR

• Thank You
  • -Given: 132
  • -Receive: 189
  • wait...what?
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2019, 09:37:05 am »
I did indeed, not just the R outside but there were several more vehicles stripped inside in some sort of storage car park area too. How brazen can you be to strip a car outside a dealership FFS.

The videos of thieves breaking in through the door with large blunt objects and machetes without a care in the world other than your car keys..... Whole lot of nope from me  :signLOL:

TFSI... Revo Stage 2+... . WMI.... VCDS HEX + CAN, MPPS, VAG Commander & VAG tacho - South Wales

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 670
« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2019, 09:39:28 am »
@gixerben I think it was fitted at 85K, it's now on 130K.  If I had known back then about the TTRS pressure plate option, I wouldn't have gone Helix.  Good to hear you have the revised version.  It might work out a lot better than mine has!

Agreed on the anxiety and paranoia that must afflict Golf R owners these days.  It's not worth the stress.  The severely underfunded police certainly aren't going to do much, if anything. A well tuned MK5 offers most of the performance of a Golf R, but without it being a rolling theft invitation.   I would never own a 7R anyway.  Chances are some skinny legged, baggy arsed jean wearing baseball cap tw@t leased and ragged the f'ck out of it.

The 8V S3 is the wiser move, and give it the full TDI make over.  Dull as dishwater to look at, but the performance is there, and better made than the Golf.  And you can sleep soundly at night.  Just put the key in a faraday box, just in case!

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D

Offline absolute

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2019, 10:48:27 pm »
What a world we live in that we have to think about a Faraday pouch to protect angles of attack. Sweet Christmas.

I would suck off a dead leper for a mint, DSG, Steel Grey with wingbacks. I don't even think they fitted wingbacks to a ED30, but still, a man can dream right?  :thinking: :grin:

Offline bonelorry

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 72
  • -Receive: 44
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2019, 10:55:07 pm »
I very nearly bought a MK7 Golf R a few Years ago until the Day before I was going to view one found out that 2 had been stolen the Night before, Both within a Mile Radius of where I live.

I went for a MK6 Golf R DSG instead.

Onto the Intake, I have only ever had 1 and went for the Revo on my MK6 Golf R. Lasted about 500 Miles, Totally did my head in so I refitted the Standard Air Box with a VWR Panel Filter.

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #38 on: March 13, 2019, 10:02:17 am »
It seems Golf Rs are being targeted for their wheels and brakes at the moment, and anything else of value that will sell on ebay.   Brazen scumbags literally put cars on bricks on dealer forecourts and nick the rims and brakes, usually smashing a back window to get into the boot for the wheel bolt key and jack.

I wouldn't even own a MK6 R for that reason, let alone a 7.  Edition 30s and Pirellis are probably targets for their wheels and model specific parts also.

What a world we live in?  Well, that's completely f'cked as I keep saying.  Nature will kick in at some point to deal with the over population.

But closer to home, the country we live in is mega f'cked.  Whilst everyone in parliament is focused on the shambolic mess that is Brexit, the country is rapidly becoming lawless.  People are being stabbed and being burgled and there are no police task forces to deal with it.  The few police that remain would rather sit on motorways catching speeders as it's less effort and less paper work.  It won't be long before gangs of vigilantes start roaming the streets.

Anyway, wingbacks, only the R32 got those as an option.  Revo intake, or any intake, totally agree. Noisy, nasty peices of junk that only free up power in an rpm band we seldom drive at.

Offline absolute

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: March 13, 2019, 10:47:04 am »
It seems Golf Rs are being targeted for their wheels and brakes at the moment, and anything else of value that will sell on ebay.   Brazen scumbags literally put cars on bricks on dealer forecourts and nick the rims and brakes, usually smashing a back window to get into the boot for the wheel bolt key and jack.

I wouldn't even own a MK6 R for that reason, let alone a 7.  Edition 30s and Pirellis are probably targets for their wheels and model specific parts also.

What a world we live in?  Well, that's completely f'cked as I keep saying.  Nature will kick in at some point to deal with the over population.

But closer to home, the country we live in is mega f'cked.  Whilst everyone in parliament is focused on the shambolic mess that is Brexit, the country is rapidly becoming lawless.  People are being stabbed and being burgled and there are no police task forces to deal with it.  The few police that remain would rather sit on motorways catching speeders as it's less effort and less paper work.  It won't be long before gangs of vigilantes start roaming the streets.

Anyway, wingbacks, only the R32 got those as an option.  Revo intake, or any intake, totally agree. Noisy, nasty peices of junk that only free up power in an rpm band we seldom drive at.

Holy sh*t  :grin: :grin:

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #40 on: March 13, 2019, 01:32:52 pm »
Wednesday rant day  :grin:

Offline Dogma

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 15
Best sounding intake
« Reply #41 on: March 13, 2019, 04:40:44 pm »

Omg rant of rants, but so true.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MK5 ED30

Offline GVK

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 61
    • GVKmotorsport
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: March 13, 2019, 06:29:53 pm »
LOL, Top rant :signLOL:

Offline Chesto18

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: March 13, 2019, 09:19:56 pm »

Nice sig. I’m coming for those Pescara’s. Expect to see it on bricks soon!  :laugh:

Offline absolute

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: March 14, 2019, 09:34:33 am »

Nice sig. I’m coming for those Pescara’s. Expect to see it on bricks soon!  :laugh:

Please don't! They've just been fully refurbished in anthracite grey.  :scared: