Make a donation

Author Topic: Porsche Cayman 981 Black Edition  (Read 36101 times)

Offline rex

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 50
  • -Receive: 74
Re: Porsche Cayman 981 Black Edition
« Reply #60 on: October 12, 2020, 08:26:20 am »
Thanks for the comment!
Yes, it wasn't (and it still isn't) considered a track day car. But because of the issues I have with the intended track day car - engine and, latest, some brake issues - I have no choice but to track the Porsche  :driver:.
The plan is to have either the Cayman or the Golf as track day car for 2021 as I want to buy a dedicated track car in 2022...

P.S. Yes, I also like the way it looks... very elegant and stylish if you ask me...

Offline rex

• Thank You
« Reply #61 on: December 07, 2020, 10:17:16 am »
No updated on the tires, but there are other updates... Quite big ones...
It's been my plan for some time to enter the Porsche "GT" world in 2022, but as I started to track the Black Edition more, I realize I need a more track oriented car in 2021 as well. So, I started thinking what to do, and the current plan is to sell (trade-in) the Black Edition and buy a 718 GT4. The current Cayman is an awesome car, I like it a lot (really can fault it), but it just doesn't make sense to have 2 Caymans.

I started to revert all the mods and the side indicators, GTS rear diffusor, GTS lights are allready out.

Next thing to come down, the Porsche 718 GTS brakes...

Regarding the 718 GT4, I received similar offers for 3 cars, which are on the short list (Racing Yellow, Gentian blue and Miami Blue). The Racing Yellow one is "in pole position", even if I am not crazy about the color, because, not being brand new (400 miles), it is significantly cheaper than the other two (which are brand new). I'll keep you posted!

Cheers!

Offline colesey

• Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 89
« Reply #62 on: December 10, 2020, 01:36:53 pm »
@Rex - have you considered getting a 981 GT4 instead? Is much the same car but @£20k cheaper and sounds better without the GPF. A neighbour had a lovely black one but has very recently changed over to a crayon 718 Spyder.

Offline rex

• Thank You
« Reply #63 on: December 10, 2020, 03:20:15 pm »
Yes, I have considered a 981 GT4 - actually it was my first choice.
But I buy Porsche's only from Porsche Dealers (I am afraid that the cheapest Porsche can turn out to be the most expensive Porsche) and the 981 GT4 offer was very limited (one car to be more exact). That is a GT4 that meets my requirements (automatic climate control - climatronic, not white, etc).
And the dealer for the available 981 GT4 is not willing to have a trade-in for my Cayman. I've seen this with some German Dealers that don't import cars (even if my Cayman was brought from Germany and is a German edition one)...

Anyway...
I've made the deal for the 718 GT4 shown below. The contract is being done (as there are some complications for importing a car) between the German Dealer and my Local Dealer so there can still be some hiccups. As such, I can't celebrate quite yet...

Here is the picture of the (hopefully) new car:

Offline rex

• Thank You
« Reply #64 on: January 25, 2021, 08:34:57 am »
In the end, the Racing Yellow transaction did not go trough... I made the deal, asked the Dealer to complete the paperwork for me to pay the invoices in 2021. This was the deal all along but the Dealer suddenly requested to have the invoice issued in 2020 and paid in 2020 as well. That was very unprofessional of them and I decided to buy from someone else... They still have the car for sale as we speak, cheaper than I would have paid for it.

Nonetheless, last week on Tuesday, I sold my car to the Wuppertal Porsche Dealer as a downpayment for a brand new 718 GT4.
This is the last photo of the Black Edition:

I've had it for 3 years and it was a very very good car. I liked it a lot but, sadly, I can't have 2 Caymans (financially).
It is currently for sale in Germany if anybody is interested: https://finder.porsche.com/de/de_DE/Cayman-Black-Edition-277188

And the new car is, as I said, a 2021 718 GT4 in Miami Blue.
As seen at the dealer:

As I first saw it, yesterday:

I will open a new thread for the new car.

Offline Shoduchi

• Thank You
  • -Given: 220
  • -Receive: 429
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,95592.msg952042.html
« Reply #65 on: May 25, 2022, 04:06:48 pm »