Make a donation

Author Topic: 2018 Tungsten Silver GTi  (Read 3229 times)

Offline spimmers

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
2018 Tungsten Silver GTi
« on: July 20, 2018, 08:37:13 am »
Morning Guys,

Not been around for a looonnnggg while since selling the MK5 GTi back in 2014 after getting a new job with a company car, i used to really enjoy the banter and general help a lot of the people on here used to offer to folk less technically minded like myself and im looking forward to lurking around more often again...

To cut a long story short after a pretty big collision on the M61 a couple of months ago (Not my fault) my 2017 BMW 320d was written of and with the company i work for changing the rules on only being allowed to drive Diesels i thought, wouldn't it be amazing to get myself back into a GTi so here she is...

2018 Tungsten Silver Golf GTi Manual

Needless to say i'm absolutely over the moon with it, to say it only has around 30BHP over my old MK5 it seems a hell of a lot quicker or maybe i've just got used to diesels over the last 4 years.

One thing that is bugging me a little is a low RPM there is a very annoying rattling / resonating noise coming from somewhere behind the dash. i seem to remember when i was here back with the mk5 there seemed to be a few people having this issue and it was loose fixings somewhere deep behind the dash, is anyone else having / had this issue and how have you had any luck rectifying it? obviously its a 2 week old car i don't want to be taking the dash apart.

Anyway like i say i hope to be hanging around more often.

Cheers

Offline gulfstream11

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 19
    • Email
Re: 2018 Tungsten Silver GTi
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2018, 02:37:26 pm »
Nice Car,love the colour. Just needs a rear door delete.  :rolleye:  Welcome back.

Offline spimmers

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Re: 2018 Tungsten Silver GTi
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2018, 08:17:18 am »
They dropped the diesel rule but unfortunately not the 5 door rule  :sad1:

Cheers