Make a donation

Author Topic: Front wing wheel arch Rust  (Read 4485 times)

Offline loop

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 26
  • -Receive: 3
Re: Front wing wheel arch Rust
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2018, 02:36:42 am »
For what its worth, I ordered a pair of the eBay wings a few weeks back and got one of them fitted yesterday. They're ok - fitment around the bottom of the A pillar isn't quite as good as I'd hoped but going to take another look at it at a later date as I was running out of day light but the colour match is spot on and all other edges lined up as per the OEM wing.

Removing the original wing, you can really see what a total hash VW made of gluing that massive foam, water holding pad to the wing. What the hell was their thinking behind that!?

Anyway, one side of the car looks a little tidier now anyway - will get the other done ASAP.
That’s interesting thanks, haven’t sorted mine yet as I prioritised getting my wheels refurbed.
The eBay ones are appealing as they come in the required colour, the Eurocarparts wings I would have to pay to have painted and blended to the rest of the car which is expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
‘05 GT, Retrofits: RNS 510 DAB+, R32 Highline Cluster, R32 MFSW, Mk6 Reversing Camera, 7P6 Bluetooth, TPMS, Cruise Control, VW MDI, Chrome switches, Blaupunkt THA 475 amp.

Offline muff1991

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 69
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2018, 12:41:34 pm »
Car Mechanics magazine are doing a project GTI at the moment. In the next issue they're going to be looking at sorting out the rusty wings using pattern parts.  :popcornsoda:

what month did they start the project GTI i'd be interested in following. (I just see December's issue is wings like you said  :happy2:)

Offline Octoparrot

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 100
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2018, 05:14:48 pm »
Car Mechanics magazine are doing a project GTI at the moment. In the next issue they're going to be looking at sorting out the rusty wings using pattern parts.  :popcornsoda:

what month did they start the project GTI i'd be interested in following. (I just see December's issue is wings like you said  :happy2:)

They bought it in the October issue and described the issues it has, in the November issue they did a cam belt change.  :happy2:

Offline muff1991

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 69
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2018, 11:24:22 am »

They bought it in the October issue and described the issues it has, in the November issue they did a cam belt change.  :happy2:

Thanks octoparrot I am going to get these

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk