Make a donation

Author Topic: Roof grab handles  (Read 1529 times)

Offline Wprice1280

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
Roof grab handles
« on: September 28, 2018, 05:21:57 pm »
Anybody have any ideas or links to information regarding the attachment of the interior roof grab handles in the gti mk5? I removed them as they looked loose but cannot reattach them as there is nothing for them to screw into on the other side. Any help or advice would be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Offline Christiank

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 39
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,110924.0.html
Re: Roof grab handles
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2018, 06:23:26 pm »
If you open the door and look up the area where they fasten, then you might be able to see if the fixing bracket needs to be adjustet a little in order to be able to have the screws catch it.

MK5 TDI 2.0 MY2005 - FULL OF RETROFITS:
MK6 dashboard - BCM converted - MK7 cruise control MFSW - PLA 2.0 - 3D instrument cluster - Discover Media 2 - Highline TPMS - 10ch Dynaudio system - KESSY with start button

Offline Wprice1280

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2018, 12:01:24 am »
I can see the white plastic bracket that it slides into but once I slide it into the bracket the screws just push through without catching anything. I'm worried something has fallen or shifted and is going to add the the medley of rattles already in full swing throughout the interior. I'm going to the breakers on Monday and they have a couple of mk5s so I could get a replacement if needed. Do you know if it's just the white bracket or is there supposed to be a bit or something for it to grip?

Offline Christiank

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 39
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,110924.0.html
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2018, 02:07:03 pm »
If I remember correctly it's only the white plastic part that hold the handle in place along with a srew hole with thread from the roof sheet metal
MK5 TDI 2.0 MY2005 - FULL OF RETROFITS:
MK6 dashboard - BCM converted - MK7 cruise control MFSW - PLA 2.0 - 3D instrument cluster - Discover Media 2 - Highline TPMS - 10ch Dynaudio system - KESSY with start button

Offline Wprice1280

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2018, 05:09:48 pm »
Quick update for anyone who might like to know. I went to the breakers and pulled the headliner off an wrecked mk5. There are 2 metal clips which slot into a metal gap that the screws screw into. No idea how to upload and image but anyway.. they're quite a specific shape