Make a donation

Author Topic: Deano Graphite Blue GTI  (Read 34216 times)

Offline Gmac

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 30
  • -Receive: 7
Re: Deano Graphite Blue GTI
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2018, 09:01:30 am »
Did you get the hazard switch light from eBay?  You got an item number? It’s always good to hear of one that is good quality. :happy2:

Offline Deano45

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 16
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2018, 01:12:00 pm »
Did you get the hazard switch light from eBay?  You got an item number? It’s always good to hear of one that is good quality. :happy2:

Yeah i got it from ebay this is the link to it ...really quick delivery.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dark-Red-Hazard-Warning-Flash-Switch-Button-For-VW-Jetta-Golf-MK5-GTI-Rabbit/322640935945?epid=1944131614&hash=item4b1ee5fc09:g:njsAAOSwGBdarx3H:rk:1:pf:0

Offline Deano45

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2018, 11:41:23 pm »
So this happened today ....Decided to get the exhaust tips sorted. When i brought the car the previous owner had a custom cat-back exhaust made by Leadfoot racing . The exhaust is great a nicely made 3 inch but my only dislike was the exhaust tip's it had as they were massive they were so big they melted part of the lower valance and not only that they stuck out a mile too.

So to that end i have had the tailpipe replaced with something almost stock looking which is great i might even put some Audi A4 tips on it later after the edition 30 lower valance is fitted in the new year.

BEFORE

thumbnail by DEAN JONES, on Flickr

02 by DEAN JONES, on Flickr

[b]NEW SLASH CUT EXHAUST TIP'S FITTED

Offline muff1991

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 69
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2018, 08:57:19 am »
You got some really nice mods going on here... i will be doing some of the same mods next year too! Thanks for sharing all the pics and info... car looks great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Deano45

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2018, 01:20:09 pm »
You got some really nice mods going on here... i will be doing some of the same mods next year too! Thanks for sharing all the pics and info... car looks great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks ...muff for the kind words still lots of things to do but will keep posting stuff as things get done  :happy2:
« Last Edit: December 04, 2018, 09:56:21 pm by Deano45 »

Offline Gmac

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 30
  • -Receive: 7
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2018, 09:26:32 pm »

Yeah i got it from ebay this is the link to it ...really quick delivery.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dark-Red-Hazard-Warning-Flash-Switch-Button-For-VW-Jetta-Golf-MK5-GTI-Rabbit/322640935945?epid=1944131614&hash=item4b1ee5fc09:g:njsAAOSwGBdarx3H:rk:1:pf:0

Bought!!! :happy2:

Offline Deano45

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2018, 10:58:57 pm »
So this happened today ...decided to fit my ebay purchase. When i brought the car the previous owner had fitted a Ramair oversized intake to the car  which is good ..but just not what i want for this car anyway been on the hunt on ebay for a standard airbox and managed to find a good one.

[b]MY EBAY FIND[/u][/b]
IMG_1277 by DEAN JONES, on Flickr

My surprise came when i opened the airbox and found a BMC panel filter in really good condition could not believe it.... Thats a £60 filter  :smiley:

IMG_1281 by DEAN JONES, on Flickr

IMG_1282 by DEAN JONES, on Flickr

So all this has come off.......................................

Anybody want an intake?

Before

IMG_1280 by DEAN JONES, on Flickr

After

IMG_1283 by DEAN JONES, on Flickr

I must say i'm really happy with having the standard airbox back on the car  but i do like the idea of having the Carbonio carbon intake duct might put that on my wish list.

Offline bobby_fodge

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 22
  • -Receive: 38
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2018, 08:58:09 am »
How noisy was the ram air set up?

Offline Deano45

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2018, 10:50:46 am »
How noisy was the ram air set up?

Difficult to explain this one but its a lot louder than stock lots of intake noise from 2k RPM ..on a plus point it does feel more responsive. i had a revo intake on my last mk5 and this is louder than that.

lots on videos on youtube to get a better impression................................ 

Offline Deano45

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2019, 11:52:01 pm »
update time this time in the shape of a new rear caliper as the old one was completely goosed ..when i brought the car the rear caliper had come up as an advisory on the mot as sticking ...To that end i thought i'd remove the wheel and have a look at it since i have not removed the wheels since buying the car.. OMG the wheel nuts were so rusty that they broke my wheel brace and after looking at the caliper which was in a sorry state and had no red Paint on it ..Anyway replaced the rear caliper and fitted new pads to both sides of the car the pads came with new shims and bolts which was great.

After that i inspected the front brake calipers and all good .. But all the calipers need repainting badly but that will be a job when the weather gets a bit warmer.

Rear brake caliper by DEAN JONES, on Flickr

Also decided to replace the gear knob the old one was very worn so found this to replace it with it came from a 2014 Audi A3 S Line i really like the Audi stuff and like the perforated leather goes well with the perforated leather on the steering wheel also the gear gaiter is a better quality leather than the one you get on the mk5.

sline gear knob by DEAN JONES, on Flickr

Last of all my new mug i thought i'd share a picture ................................................................................................

Offline RBS

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 46
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2019, 10:37:32 pm »
Nice :happy2:

Offline Deano45

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2019, 12:01:57 am »
Time for another update.... This time in the shape of some more interior bits  from day one of owning the car i have never liked the the exposed cup holders and the open lidless storage (compartment) so decided to get that replaced with the bushed steel storage compartment looks so much better ive been told they were on the very first Mk5 gti's but then they stopped putting them in due to cost.

Second job was to replace the open cup holders and replace with the much better sliding cup holder..what a difference.......

Started with this little lot.....................
IMG_1335 by DEAN JONES, on Flickr

Old stuff

IMG_1333 by DEAN JON[url=https://flic.kr/p/2ePyfXx]IMG_1334 by DEAN JONES, on FlickrES[/url], on Flic

Half way..................

IMG_1337 by DEAN JONES, on Flickr

IMG_1338 by DEAN JONES, on Flickr

Done!......................

IMG_1345 by DEAN JONES, on Flickr

Also managed to to replace some of the intake parts for new so thats now finished .......................

IMG_1294 by DEAN JONES, on Flickr

IMG_1300 by DEAN JONES, on Flickr

New front fog light open grills much better .....................................

IMG_1297 by DEAN JONES, on Flickr

IMG_1299 by DEAN JONES, on Flickr

Next on the list was the front grill ...once removed i found out that it's not a genuine item ..but a good quality after market part the only things letting it down was the red stripe that had turned more orange and the number plate holder was broken in 2 places ...my plan was take a chance buy a grill off ebay and swap the parts i needed over...also had to buy a genuine GTI badge as that's a must.

new replacement parts......................

IMG_1349 by DEAN JONES, on Flickr

IMG_1352 by DEAN JONES, on Flickr

Finished all back together again....................

IMG_1353 by DEAN JONES, on Flickr

And last of all decided to get some 18 Inch Monzas ..They need a Refurb so dropped them off today for that to be done ..going to be painted oem bright silver ....

IMG_1339 by DEAN JONES, on Flickr

Offline muff1991

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2019, 09:27:40 am »
I Proper love the monzas in bright silver when they're mint, when I used to wash mine on my last GTI.. they'd come out so clean like some kind of platinum silver effect! used to love it!  :laugh:

Offline Deano45

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2019, 09:27:06 am »
I Proper love the monzas in bright silver when they're mint, when I used to wash mine on my last GTI.. they'd come out so clean like some kind of platinum silver effect! used to love it!  :laugh:

you're right ......i really like the monzas they are a great design and suit the mk5 perfectly ..i could of gone with any wheel but this was my first choice  :smiley:

Offline muff1991

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2019, 10:31:23 am »
I agree, they suit the car lovely! I often thought about buying a set for spares, and if I fancied a change now and then lol