Make a donation

Author Topic: Turbo Flutter/Surge off throttle - DV solenoid?  (Read 9447 times)

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 670
Re: Turbo Flutter/Surge off throttle - DV solenoid?
« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2018, 12:38:32 pm »
Probably not the DV then.  FWIW I put a Rev D in mine the other week.  Everyone says they leak but mine hold boost just fine  :happy2:

Yeah the N75 is a pain to get at.  I think there was a revision on it, so if you bought one recently it will be the updated one!

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D

Offline muff1991

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 69
« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2018, 01:43:02 pm »
Probably not the DV then.  FWIW I put a Rev D in mine the other week.  Everyone says they leak but mine hold boost just fine  :happy2:

Yeah the N75 is a pain to get at.  I think there was a revision on it, so if you bought one recently it will be the updated one!
I have a spare rev D so will wack that in and see if the noise changes.

Yeah brought it last week just need to find time to swap it but need to find out why the damn thing decides to cut out once started first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Mr dsg

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2021, 11:10:31 am »
I'm guessing it's mapped?  Fluttering during acceleration or only when letting off the gas?
did you find the issue in the end bud as I'm having the same issue

Offline Mr dsg

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2021, 11:28:58 am »
hi all, still chasing turbo flutter (as well as small rev hang) on my GTI. I cant figure out what it is... I'm now wondering if the solenoid on the DV isn't pulling the DV back when I lift off the throttle and that's what's causing the flutter? its such a pathetic flutter too.. I don't want it fluttering..! would of thought i'd get a code or something but nothing. holds boost ok.

its had a new Rev G and made no difference. I've checked all the obvious stuff.. but any ideas please shout out :)

I was wondering if there's a fuse for the solenoid or any other reasons what and why its fluttering. its done it since I brought the car but my last one didn't do it!

yes I have a Ram air intake... but I've said in a previous post.. my cousins and my mates GTI with the same intake doesn't make this fluttering noise.. they just get woosh at most.

any advise or a point will be great please.

Hi mate did you focus the issue ad I'm having the same problem with my car