Make a donation

Author Topic: My 07 BMP GTI  (Read 11803 times)

Offline Pissat4motion

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
My 07 BMP GTI
« on: December 13, 2018, 02:17:34 pm »
This is my 07 GTI, in past and present guise. Car is fully spec'd (US) four door with votex kit. I'm the second owner and car currently has 108k miles.
Car is currently k04 with DM K04+ tune.. 3 bar map, JHM hpfp internals. Custom catch can. Billet aluminum oil filter housing. 034 aluminum insert. APR catted dp. R8 coils (of course lol). BMP CAI. Lowered on Raceland Primos over mk7 Austins. 17z BBK...15f/20r mm spacers. LED tails.

Interior wise? Eonon HU. P3 vent gauge. BFI heavy shift knob. Dash tray. R32 aluminum ashtray. Black hazard button. Drivers side underseat drawer. LED lighting. Tried the mk6 climatronic retrofit but could never get the a/c to work. Canbus gateway newer revision remains.

Immediate future plans? MFSW retrofit as soon as the CH revision module arrives. Cruise stalk revision G. Clutch upgrade (clutchmasters that's been collecting dust). Custom shift boot made with mk7 GTI cloth. Badgeless grille. Also have aluminum LCAs and a golf R IC boxed at my local shop.

I'm also on vwvortex and golfmkv forums under the same username. A lot of info here that I haven't really seen on those sites. Has me interested in a future cluster/clock retrofit.. and maybe giving the climatronic retrofit another shot.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Offline Pissat4motion

• Taking part
  • Thank You
Re: My 07 BMP GTI
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2018, 02:35:17 pm »
Pics of my current and previous mk5 GTI. Previous was an 08 GTI base with votex. This car had the same engine mods and some of the interior bits. Did an R rear bumper conversion. Totaled after slight frame damage in an accident (not my fault). Pic from SOWO cabin in Helen Ga. Ran Cadillac wheels for a bit. That failed attempt at mk6 climatronic lol. The obligatory had station pic..

Offline Pissat4motion

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2018, 03:04:53 pm »
Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays!
Decided to go badgeless just for a change.
Added a new shift boot (mk7 fabric)
Installed mk7 steering will (not complete)

***If anyone has knowledge about going from dual to single stage airbag I'd appreciate some input

***Install was fairly straight forward until I 1. Realized my car had dual stage airbag and 2. My mk7 mfsw had the wrong wiring loom

Offline muff1991

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 69
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2019, 10:38:14 am »
looking nice mate, few mods (gear shifter gaiter) I've not seen done before :) looks good... nice work.

Offline Pissat4motion

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2019, 06:16:52 pm »
Thanks @muff1991

The mk7 mfsw turned into an expensive headache. Without a custom wiring loom, which would have run ~$300, I wouldn't have had button/horn functionality. So I bit the bullet and bought a 2014 mk6 GLI MFSW... actually should have done it to start. Looks good. Feels good. Buttons function with my mfd and EONON hu.

Scheduling that clutch upgrade and RMS replacement for early February.

I've also found a local tuner than can possibly code a black/white cluster for me in the near future

Offline muff1991

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2019, 06:28:16 pm »
Very nice! At least you got it done now :)
As for the cluster... what about mk6 clocks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline gt28

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2019, 07:09:24 am »
Hi, love the look of the wheel, does all the buttons work with the mk5

Offline Pissat4motion

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2019, 04:14:37 pm »
Hi, love the look of the wheel, does all the buttons work with the mk5
I think there's one button per side that doesn't work.. (but looking at the pic) possibly only one. I also have an EONON 5153 android radio so while phone button might not work for stock radio, it does with the Eonon if I have my cell phone linked through bluetooth.
I love the look of the steering wheel but the feel is a close second to the original mk5 GTI stock steering wheel.

@muff1991 I'll be looking into picking up a mk6 (scirocco from ebay) cluster probably this summer.

Offline muff1991

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2019, 12:22:42 pm »
@muff1991[/url] I'll be looking into picking up a mk6 (scirocco from ebay) cluster probably this summer.
[/quote]

see, you know it makes sense ;-P

letssurf84

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2019, 10:25:02 am »
Lovely car!

Offline Pissat4motion

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2019, 07:57:53 pm »
Thanks!

Clutch Master clutch installed and 500 mile break in is completed. Rear main seal was also replaced.

Will be doing a "rebuild" on my vacuum pump to did a nice sized oil leak..

Offline Pissat4motion

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2019, 03:19:13 am »
Picked up an Eos cluster soon to be sent off for coding. (Waiting on the pin adapter to arrive).
Installed shifter end link and bracket bushings. A noticeable difference in feel.
a/c has crapped out and in hoping of I swap out the compressor solenoid wool fix it..

Offline Pissat4motion

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2019, 01:21:01 am »
Coded and installed. Still need to perform the steering assist basic setting etc and try to get needle sweep working but I'm happy with the look so far..

Offline muff1991

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2019, 08:56:46 am »
nice! you wouldn't really know that wasn't a mk6 in that photo would ya! was they easy enough to get coded? i guess that wasn't something you could do with VCDS? Maybe Vag Commander?

Offline Christiank

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 39
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,110924.0.html
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2019, 09:45:35 pm »
nice! you wouldn't really know that wasn't a mk6 in that photo would ya! was they easy enough to get coded? i guess that wasn't something you could do with VCDS? Maybe Vag Commander?

Really? A lot tells me it's not a Mk6 hehe..

take i look to my mk5 and tell what will give up on the picture that this isn't a mk6? :D

Great updated but be carefull - going down the retrofit path is a time taking path to takeā€¦
MK5 TDI 2.0 MY2005 - FULL OF RETROFITS:
MK6 dashboard - BCM converted - MK7 cruise control MFSW - PLA 2.0 - 3D instrument cluster - Discover Media 2 - Highline TPMS - 10ch Dynaudio system - KESSY with start button