Author Topic: RCD330 with apple car play  (Read 27211 times)

Offline diego-d

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
Re: RCD330 with apple car play
« Reply #135 on: April 27, 2019, 01:31:33 AM »
Hi Guys

Have read the entire thread and a lot of others too on this section but need a little help if you can provide it please?

My uncle is selling me his mk5 GTI it's 55 plate

He got loads of the extras including the sat nav screen but a few months ago it started scratching the disc and it doesn't work for satnav anymore so looking to replace it.

I use an android so would prefer something with android auto, the rcd330 looks good would you recomend that for me? Don't want spend a fortune, just something that does a good job.

There seems to be so many on Ali express, is it possible somone to post a link to one I should buy?

I also saw that instead of replacing the Cambus I could just order from Ali express the adaptor to make the 8 button steering wheel control work and that fixes the battery drain?

Is it as simple as buying those two things and giving it to a mechanic to install or can I do it myself relatively easily?

Thanks for your help and advice, sorry new to this and just a bit lost.

Did you ever get the new Canbus and if so how did you go about getting it programmed?

Offline kharma45

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #136 on: May 08, 2019, 11:16:12 PM »
Hi Guys

Have read the entire thread and a lot of others too on this section but need a little help if you can provide it please?

My uncle is selling me his mk5 GTI it's 55 plate

He got loads of the extras including the sat nav screen but a few months ago it started scratching the disc and it doesn't work for satnav anymore so looking to replace it.

I use an android so would prefer something with android auto, the rcd330 looks good would you recomend that for me? Don't want spend a fortune, just something that does a good job.

There seems to be so many on Ali express, is it possible somone to post a link to one I should buy?

I also saw that instead of replacing the Cambus I could just order from Ali express the adaptor to make the 8 button steering wheel control work and that fixes the battery drain?

Is it as simple as buying those two things and giving it to a mechanic to install or can I do it myself relatively easily?

Thanks for your help and advice, sorry new to this and just a bit lost.

Did you ever get the new Canbus and if so how did you go about getting it programmed?

Also curious to find out as well. Looking to upgrade my RNS 510 to the RCD 330. Considered ordering the canbus emulator but it seems on the mk5 it's not perfect. The arrow buttons on the MSFW when you try to scroll through the MFD end up changing the track on the radio at the same time. From looking about, I think that's the flaw with them unless someone knows of a way to get the MSFW to work with the RCD 330 properly?

Offline The Red Warrior

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 19
  • -Receive: 28
    • Email
« Reply #137 on: May 11, 2019, 12:41:37 AM »
Upgrade the steering wheel to the mk6 MFSW.  :happy2:

Offline kharma45

• Thank You