Make a donation

Author Topic: Wet Floor - Rubber Honeycomb Mats??  (Read 2049 times)

Offline Eighteen88

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 7
Wet Floor - Rubber Honeycomb Mats??
« on: December 21, 2018, 02:23:06 am »
Just recently noticed that with having these mats in the car that the passenger footwell is wet under the mat also the rear passenger footwell is wet!! Now I’m unsure if this is cos the weather/condensation building inside the car with having the heaters on the the car cooling down??
Gonna try putting the carpet mats back into the car and see how things go 🤞🏻

Was wondering if anyone else has had an issue like this with the rubber mats??
« Last Edit: December 29, 2018, 08:02:37 pm by Eighteen88 »
Milltek Non Resonated Cat-Back exhaust “edition 35”, Forge PCV Delete, APR Stage 1 Remap & APR DSG Remap, Volkswagen racing intake, Volkswagen racingline sport springs, Audi R8 Coil Pack, GFB DV+

Offline chigmuss

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 16
Re: Rubber Honeycomb Mats
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2018, 06:55:34 pm »
Exact symptoms you're describing occurred in my Mk4 (3 door) as result of poorly sealed rear side window following a repair. It started filling the rear footwell, then the level got sufficient to flood into the front footwell. Was a right pig of a job getting the underlay out to dry it as it was a one piece (until I cut it ssh it could be removed).
If you can rule out rear glass are the drain holes in your door clear? Or build up of leaves under bonnet and scuttle tray.
I'd be surprised if rubber mats would cause enough a build up under them. I've had rubber mats in my Mk5 for years and carpets are bone dry.
Good luck with the detective work  :happy2: