Make a donation

Author Topic: Monza II Refurb Options  (Read 1571 times)

Offline MustangJack

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 0
Monza II Refurb Options
« on: February 27, 2019, 09:56:24 am »
Good morning guys,

Looking for some ideas and advice, my Monza’s have seen better days and have fallen to the work of the dreaded white worm, hence time for a refurb.

I understand that powder coating is the safe and less expensive bet, I also like the look of the smoked chrome.

However as my car is grey I am unsure that the smoked chrome colour will look particularly good. I am wondering if anyone has any other suggestions for powder coating colours that work well against grey or whether to just go for diamond cutting.

Photo makes it look much better than it is haha

Thanks in advance,

Jack

Offline shail

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 32
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,99663.msg979899.html#msg979899
Re: Monza II Refurb Options
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2019, 04:38:32 pm »
My local does chrome silver.  Looks good. 

I can't have mine done as my wheels are too corroded and he reckons the chroma silver reacts badly to pitted wheels.

url=https://postimg.cc/fVfc9Lyd][/url]

Offline Mk5. EWC

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2019, 09:38:57 pm »
We do a smoke lacquer so you're local guys might do too. Black, diamond cut with smoke lacquer would look good.

Offline MustangJack

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2019, 04:38:32 pm »
Hi guys,

Thanks for the suggestions guys, never thought of getting them powder coated in two colours, never knew it was possible to be honest.
Will get onto some local firms and see what they can offer, like the look of the piano black for sure

Jack

Offline Tin Robot

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2019, 12:34:56 am »
After looking the options I chose to bite the bullet and just get the diamond cut again with matching grey paint for the inset. Glad I did but that silver wheel wth piano black looks great as well. Just for reference mine was £120 a wheel!