Make a donation

Author Topic: Anti lift kit fitting  (Read 1855 times)

Offline Ash_89

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
Anti lift kit fitting
« on: December 29, 2018, 10:43:43 pm »
Attempted to install a powerflex anti lift kit today but the bushes wouldnt go far enough back to allow the new anti lift mount to be bolted back onto the subframe
Do they need to be pressed onto the wishbone ?
I pushed as hard as I can but the bolt holes were way off

Offline neilw

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 26
Re: Anti lift kit fitting
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2018, 11:57:16 am »
I had the same thing with my Whiteline kit, + powerflex front bushes, as there is less play in them it's really hard to align everything. I ran out of daylight and had to put the old control arms back in.

I'm going to try again but with someone else helping to pull it back hopefully enough for that subframe bolt to line up. But I'd be interested if anyone knows a better way
Edition30 #0002 R-Tech Stage2

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 670
Re: Anti lift kit fitting
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2019, 03:05:15 pm »
Yeah it's hard work.  What I normally find is one bolt hole is about 8mm off and 2 of them are a good 10-15mm off.  The closest hole to lining up can be used as levering point by jamming a big screwdriver through the console and into the bolt hole.  Then you can simply lever the console over to get at least 1 bolt in.  Once you get that far it's easy getting the other 2 in.

I hope that makes sense.  Basically just shove your end in and wiggle it about  :happy2:

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D