Make a donation

Author Topic: Remap pros and cons  (Read 13748 times)

Offline absolute

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 13
    • Email
Re: Remap pros and cons
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2019, 03:48:06 pm »
Does Stage 1 account for more flow with a TBE?

As soon as I put on my new PS4's on the front I noticed a stark difference in grippyness.

Edition 30 #1994 now sold. *cries*

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 670
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2019, 05:36:56 pm »

As soon as I put on my new PS4's on the front I noticed a stark difference in grippyness.

Nah, stage 1 is written specifically for 100% stock hardware. 

If you add free flowing bits n' bobs afterwards, it'll pick up a smidge more power though.  For example, mine picked up 20hp from an APR downpipe with no software changes.

Tyre choice is everything with these cars.  They're really sensitive to them, and pressures.

Goodyear are upping their game this year and squaring up to Michelin with a bunch of new tyres.  Eagle F1 Assymetric 5 and some Super sport flavours, called R and RS I think. 

These are to compete with the PS4, PS4 S, Super Sport and Cup 2.  Conti have nothing to compete with apart from the Premium contact 6 (PS4 equiv) and the Sport Contact 6 (PS4 S equiv).  So it's just Michelin and Badyear as our decent choices this year.

We've never had it so good for tyres, apart from Michelin being arseholes and denying Europe the 18" PS4 S.  Maybe Badyear will get my money next time.

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D

Offline Chesto18

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2019, 08:10:20 pm »

Nah, stage 1 is written specifically for 100% stock hardware. 

If you add free flowing bits n' bobs afterwards, it'll pick up a smidge more power though.  For example, mine picked up 20hp from an APR downpipe with no software changes.

Tyre choice is everything with these cars.  They're really sensitive to them, and pressures.

Goodyear are upping their game this year and squaring up to Michelin with a bunch of new tyres.  Eagle F1 Assymetric 5 and some Super sport flavours, called R and RS I think. 

These are to compete with the PS4, PS4 S, Super Sport and Cup 2.  Conti have nothing to compete with apart from the Premium contact 6 (PS4 equiv) and the Sport Contact 6 (PS4 S equiv).  So it's just Michelin and Badyear as our decent choices this year.

We've never had it so good for tyres, apart from Michelin being arseholes and denying Europe the 18" PS4 S.  Maybe Badyear will get my money next time.

:surprised: