Make a donation

Author Topic: DSG Throttle pedal on Manual  (Read 7008 times)

Offline muff1991

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 69
DSG Throttle pedal on Manual
« on: March 14, 2019, 07:09:14 am »
My GTI is manual and the throttle pedal has the kick down bit. So if you push the pedal all the way to the floor then push a bit harder it clicks down a tiny bit further. I’m wondering if this pedal has been took from a DSG car for whatever reason.

My question is:
Will the pedal be functioning properly in my car... being from a DSG I thought maybe theres got to be a slight difference? And could be giving different signals to the ecu?

Does anyone else’s manual have the extra click down bit? All the manuals I know of don’t or didn’t have it.

Other than a previous pedal being faulty I cannot see why anyone would want to put a DSG pedal on a Manual. This is assuming it is a DSG pedal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline chigmuss

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 16
Re: DSG Throttle pedal on Manual
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2019, 07:37:23 am »
I'll stand to be corrected but AFAIK the pedals are the same between manual or DSG. I think you're experiencing the pedal modulation VW have built into the DBW system. I believe it is designed to give less throttle/revs in the first part of the press of the accelerator and increasing in value as the pedal is pressed further
You can buy a pedal box for the Mk5 which gives a more linear feel than what I'm describing above. I've not heard of many people fitting them to Mk5's but the Mk7R folk seem to swear by them.

Offline muff1991

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 69
Re: DSG Throttle pedal on Manual
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2019, 07:51:03 am »
I didn’t have a chance to update yesterday but I had a mate get me a part number for a Pedal from a DSG reg, and he came back saying they was the same part number.
I think I know what you mean about the delay in the first press of the pedal as that’s exactly what my mates does. Mines very instant on the touch compared to his. And his doesn’t have the click down bit nor did my last gti or my cousins gti. As I was the odd one out I thought it was worth asking. Very weird tbf. Lol

But yeah seen a post about a mk7 r manual having the click down pedal and apparently gives them more “kick down” mine doesn’t and i don’t want that I just thought mine was a little too responsive lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk