Make a donation

Author Topic: Dynaudio retrofit guide missing?  (Read 5795 times)

superchromix

Dynaudio retrofit guide missing?
« on: March 15, 2019, 01:08:51 pm »
Hi,

I'm interested in upgrading my Golf V to the Dynaudio sound system.  Google tells me there is (or was) a retrofit guide for this job hosted in these forums. 

https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=115090.0

However, when I go to the link, the topic has been removed?  Is this guide still available somewhere?

thanks!
Mark

Offline ady-uk

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 19
  • -Receive: 24
    • Email
Re: Dynaudio retrofit guide missing?
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2019, 03:03:30 pm »
There was one, as I was interested a while back.
Still got the full dynaudio amp, speakers and tons of wiring looms, from someone that ripped the complete setup from a scrap mk5.
It's sat in my garage in one huge box  :driver:
VW Golf 2.0 Gtd 140 4motion (2005)
Factory fitted: xenons, sunroof, heated leather seats, fold in mirrors with downlights,
Custom: Mk6 steering wheel, updated gateway, RNS510 remote boot pop, LED lighting.

willni

Re: Dynaudio retrofit guide missing?
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2019, 10:02:45 am »
Hi,

I'm interested in upgrading my Golf V to the Dynaudio sound system.  Google tells me there is (or was) a retrofit guide for this job hosted in these forums. 

https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=115090.0

However, when I go to the link, the topic has been removed?  Is this guide still available somewhere?

thanks!
Mark

Hello, I made the guide, I don’t know what happened to it. It’s essentially a basic speaker fitting guide and then changing the mk6 connectors to mk5. Then filling in the mk6 front tweeter housings as they’re shorter than the mk5 so that there isn’t a gap left in the door.

My advice currently is, it’s a job that’s just not worth it. It’s easier, cheaper and performs better to get new more modern 3-way component speakers.

That being said it’s still a good upgrade, just lacks bass really and mid-range. I’m currently listening to the mk5 Rainbow IL-6.3 3-way component kit and it’s fantastic, only car I’ve been in with better was an Aston Martin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk