Make a donation

Author Topic: JOM LED rear light issue  (Read 1634 times)

Offline JimmyMK5GTI

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
JOM LED rear light issue
« on: March 26, 2019, 10:14:59 am »
Hi folks, im currently having an issue with my JOM LED rear lights, message comes up on main screen saying "rear passenger side light not working" and "rear passenger brake light not working" but when I switch them on manually the rear passenger lights come on for roughly 3 seconds then go off... very strange?! Any one ever had the same issue with these lights?

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-jom-parts/european-black-led-tail-light-set/82599/

So im after some cheap rear lights until I can fix the issue, police are keen round here and dont fancy getting points for a simple bulb issue, but im gunna have to take light apart and test wiring and circuit boards as ive checked all plugs are in correctly and cant see any visible issues with wiring.

:thinking:

I have posted this in the "wanted" section too but wasnt sure if it would get the desired replies. Of course, i still need rear lights unless some one on here has any helpful advice.

Cheers

Offline Dogma

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 15
Re: JOM LED rear light issue
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2019, 11:27:47 am »
May be worth posting this in golfmkv forum!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MK5 ED30

Offline Roman’smkayv

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
Re: JOM LED rear light issue
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2021, 02:41:04 am »
So here’s some extra input. I noticed in the tail light plug the black or ground wire was not in the right terminal. I couldn’t with limited tools superset the pins but basically I just spliced them together then the other two wires need to be switched as the brake lights were my signals and my signals were my brake lights.  After I fixed the wiring together it works perfectly. I was so worried my j519 had left the chat. But do the electrical at your own risk. Good luck and happy wiring stripping.🙂