Make a donation

Author Topic: All windows open...?  (Read 3485 times)

Offline Lewo

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 35
    • Email
All windows open...?
« on: March 27, 2019, 07:23:58 am »
So, opened the curtains this morning to see that all the windows were open on the car  :surprised:
What's that about then...?

Don't know if it's related but a coupe of times recently the central locking hasn't been working properly as in not locking the car and the red light lit on the top of the drivers door card.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Offline muff1991

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 69
Re: All windows open...?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2019, 12:42:58 pm »
chances are the issue is linked. have you got a spare key? could be that your unlock button on the fob is sticking?

but that said, sometimes I unlock mine.. and I know ive got a dodgy door lock module, so sometimes is locks and unlocks sometimes it doesn't, whenever it pleases lol but when it doesn't unlock with the fob I have to use the key, and sometimes is drops the drivers window. I'm not sure but maybe it drops the passenger too (3 door) cant remember now. so maybe you have a dodgy door lock module too?

the next time yours doesn't lock.. check to see which door/doors is has and hasn't locked.

Offline Alex Booth

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 7
  • AKS Tuning
    • AKS Tuning
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2019, 02:55:25 pm »
Either the open button on your keys has been held down, or the module in the door isn't working correctly. When you next lock the car with the windows up make sure you check to see if they are bouncing back down.

Offline Lewo

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 35
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2019, 04:20:00 pm »
Ok thanks, pretty sure the remote buttons not touched when home and just sit on the table but I'll try to keep note and I'll try the spare key for a while :signLOL:

Windows close normally with no bouncing back.

Car battery needs replacing soon, might that be a factor..?

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 670
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2019, 09:43:23 am »
Either the open button on your keys has been held down, or the module in the door isn't working correctly. When you next lock the car with the windows up make sure you check to see if they are bouncing back down.

Can you roll the windows down by holding unlock?  I knew you could roll them up by holding lock, but if it can do it the other way too, yay!

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D

Offline muff1991

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 69
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2019, 04:26:36 pm »

Can you roll the windows down by holding unlock?  I knew you could roll them up by holding lock, but if it can do it the other way too, yay!
I can on mine.. and have done with other VW's too :) not sure whether its a feature you have to activate or not though.

Offline andyR43

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 32
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2019, 04:29:02 pm »
You can do it as standard. I did it loads last year as it saves you sweating your nads off in a boiling hot car. Just press the button, let the inside cool off then jump in!!  :happy2: :happy2:

Keeping it original..............or not!!

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 670
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2019, 08:16:47 pm »
Cheers guys, I'll check it over in VCDS as only the roll up works at the moment.  It's dead handy not having to close 2 windows and a sunroof in the summer......not that it's a massive effort  :grin:

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D