Make a donation

Author Topic: Edition 30 bcs exhaust  (Read 2637 times)

Offline e4n94

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 1
Edition 30 bcs exhaust
« on: April 21, 2019, 03:07:54 pm »
Been undecided on what exhaust to get for a long timer or my edition 30. I only have a budget to get a cat back system. I have read good and bad about milltek but been looking at the BCS but I have a few questions
The difference between Bcs sports system and bcs Sports Prestige System
If I was to order a BCS system what sort of delivery time.

Also any videos of just the BCS catback system

Offline rich83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 801
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=ps5bmbr0edauksmqfiamnpa7l5&/topic,19740.0.html
Re: Edition 30 bcs exhaust
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2019, 03:22:43 pm »
BCS sports has a smaller centre box. louder
BCS prestige has a larger centre box. quieter

BCS are fantastic and have some of the best aftersales service I have ever experienced.

Not sure about lead times but give Nige an email and he will sort you out.

Buy BCS  :happy2:
« Last Edit: April 21, 2019, 03:25:37 pm by rich83 »

Offline colesey

• Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 89
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2019, 03:52:49 pm »
If you have a limited budget, then the sports cat downpipe is where the power gain is. BCS have a lovely build quality.

Offline Ripstop

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 11
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2019, 05:30:32 pm »
I bought the BCS cat back sports prestige, its bloody lovely and not loud at all... I prefer a quieter life. It has a very understated burble and build quality is second to none. I went up there to see it put on and fitted... that's a 7 hr round trip  :doh: as I like to meet the guys who do bespoke stuff like this. You lose the suitcase but gain some very well built silencers. I waited about 3 weeks to get a slot but Nige says most of the work gets shipped out to customers with only a few actual on site fits in a week.

Stage 1 2007 Black Eddy  #1000 - VCDS Hex+Can (Novice coder). H&R springs, newish Bilstein B4's. Gen 3 Steering rack, Helix organic.  The car is *always* work in progress fixing and upgrading things.

Offline e4n94

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2019, 07:20:58 pm »
I bought the BCS cat back sports prestige, its bloody lovely and not loud at all... I prefer a quieter life. It has a very understated burble and build quality is second to none. I went up there to see it put on and fitted... that's a 7 hr round trip  :doh: as I like to meet the guys who do bespoke stuff like this. You lose the suitcase but gain some very well built silencers. I waited about 3 weeks to get a slot but Nige says most of the work gets shipped out to customers with only a few actual on site fits in a week.

I think it would be a 7 hour round trip for me so I will be getting mine delivered. Have you and video clips as I can only find one were they have the full system

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 670
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2019, 11:24:26 am »
You lose the suitcase but they still charge a fortune for it  :grin:

I'd want a suitcase personally.  German cars use that style of silencer deliberately to reduce 'parachuting' and to tune the front-rear weight bias.

But no, just chuck it out and worry about the ramifications afterwards.....the usual aftermarket working practice  :grin:

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 801
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=ps5bmbr0edauksmqfiamnpa7l5&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2019, 11:32:13 am »
One of the reasons I went BCS over others is to remove that back. All the aftermarket ones at the time were massive and hung down so you could see it from the rear which looks sh*te.

Offline bobby_fodge

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 22
  • -Receive: 38
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2019, 12:01:41 pm »
My milltek back down hangs down so can be seen from behind the car.

Offline Ripstop

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 11
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2019, 01:33:45 pm »
Have you and video clips as I can only find one were they have the full system

I haven't unfortunately you would need to speak to Nige about that. We did do a drive by and he did record it so I guess its in his archives somewhere?

@Powervalve Nige  Have you got an sound bites on this one?
Stage 1 2007 Black Eddy  #1000 - VCDS Hex+Can (Novice coder). H&R springs, newish Bilstein B4's. Gen 3 Steering rack, Helix organic.  The car is *always* work in progress fixing and upgrading things.

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 670
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2019, 04:44:28 pm »
One of the reasons I went BCS over others is to remove that back. All the aftermarket ones at the time were massive and hung down so you could see it from the rear which looks sh*te.

I know what you mean, but I like it.  Especially on the M3 & M5.   Can't see the back box on mine (oem) from behind unless you're 3 foot tall.

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D