Make a donation

Author Topic: Weird wiper arms / blades  (Read 4102 times)

Offline DBXdarkangel

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 9
    • Email
Weird wiper arms / blades
« on: April 21, 2019, 11:25:21 pm »
Hey guy. So I went to get some new wiper blades from eurocarparts a few years ago and having purchased them on there website it turned out they was wrong for my wiper arms. When I went to take them back and show them my old ones, they said my blades are for a Skoda Octavia vrs. Anyways I'm wanting to buy some more new ones but need to know what part number they are.
My arms look like this.

Offline neilw

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 26
Re: Weird wiper arms / blades
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2019, 09:41:08 am »
Its been a while since I changed mine, but that fitting looks familiar. The chances are EPC are wrong
Edition30 #0002 R-Tech Stage2

Offline bobby_fodge

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 22
  • -Receive: 38
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2019, 10:45:06 am »
Just take your existing wiper in to them

Offline PatchySan

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 59
  • Gracie!
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2019, 03:20:48 pm »
Confusingly there's two types of front wiper blades depending on the model year of the car. Early 2004 to late 2005 cars had the hook like the one you showed, Bosch A937S or Valeo VM310 will fit these. MY2006 and pretty much all new VW's onwards had these changed where you push down a tab to quickly release the wipers, Bosch A980S or Valeo VM331 will fit these types of connectors.

My GTI is a 2005 model and I'm using Bosch A937S on mine, though I had a 2006 Golf before that and out of the two I personally prefer the quick release mechanism. But either way they are relatively easy to replace and shouldn't take more than 5 minutes, just remember to turn on the ignition to initiate the accessory (electrics) briefly then off and press down on the wiper stalk once to put it on the service position where the wipers will stop halfway for easy access.

Offline DBXdarkangel

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 9
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2019, 06:37:00 pm »
Confusingly there's two types of front wiper blades depending on the model year of the car. Early 2004 to late 2005 cars had the hook like the one you showed, Bosch A937S or Valeo VM310 will fit these. MY2006 and pretty much all new VW's onwards had these changed where you push down a tab to quickly release the wipers, Bosch A980S or Valeo VM331 will fit these types of connectors.

My GTI is a 2005 model and I'm using Bosch A937S on mine, though I had a 2006 Golf before that and out of the two I personally prefer the quick release mechanism. But either way they are relatively easy to replace and shouldn't take more than 5 minutes, just remember to turn on the ignition to initiate the accessory (electrics) briefly then off and press down on the wiper stalk once to put it on the service position where the wipers will stop halfway for easy access.

Yeah I think your right. Will order some VM310  thanks man

Offline pippagray

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2021, 01:10:17 pm »
I also had such a problem. This is because you put the wrong wipers on your car. I bought some new expensive wipers for my car, and they were destroyed in just two months. I went to the shop where I bought the wipers to ask why I paid so much money. They said that those wipers weren't for my cars, and this is the main reason why they were destroyed in such a short time. They advised me to visit cararac.com  before buying something for any of my cars because there I could find what details are good for a certain car.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2021, 10:01:07 am by pippagray »