Make a donation

Author Topic: Ordering parts from VW dealer  (Read 3975 times)

Offline mcblfc88

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
Ordering parts from VW dealer
« on: April 23, 2019, 05:58:42 pm »
Guys, I’m trying to get a cam follower and DV from VW.

I’ve sent them the part numbers as confirmed on R-tech’s website and they are saying that the DV Rev G is “not compatible with the turbo on my car?

And saying cam follower Rev R also won’t fit my car.

It’s an 07 plate GTI, seemingly plenty of people have fitted these latest revision let’s so what do I do? Is it just try another dealer or what?

Offline shail

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 32
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,99663.msg979899.html#msg979899
Re: Ordering parts from VW dealer
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2019, 06:42:08 pm »
Just buy them if you are confident that you have right part number.  They are not going to stop you buying them.  I had same issue when buying a part from Audi for my Golf.  Told them I knew my car wasn't an Audi, paid them, and went on my way.

Offline rich83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 801
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=ntfnj7fv6295p1ep1e42l78oa5&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2019, 10:25:14 pm »
Ignore them :-)

Offline mcblfc88

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2019, 08:18:53 am »
He wouldn't have it, said the parts need to be ordered against a chassis number and the system says the parts I want don't fit.... I despair.

Luckily i've spoken to the guy at the VW indy the car is going into friday (ex VW master tech), and he's said either order them off awesome GTI or he will get them through TPS

Dave Y

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2019, 10:12:09 am »
Have you tried RPS online?

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 801
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=ntfnj7fv6295p1ep1e42l78oa5&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2019, 12:11:25 pm »
He wouldn't have it, said the parts need to be ordered against a chassis number and the system says the parts I want don't fit.... I despair.

Luckily i've spoken to the guy at the VW indy the car is going into friday (ex VW master tech), and he's said either order them off awesome GTI or he will get them through TPS

??

Just give them the correct part number and give them your money. They cannot NOT supply you a part because its "wrong" for your car

Offline Wadgti

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2019, 12:52:52 pm »
I ordered both from VW last month.

Cam follower was fine, but they asked for the part no of the existing DV and there was more than one listed. I went for the diaphram one.

I have an axx and can list the part no's I got if you need. I have fitted mines with no issues.

Offline RobC

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 20
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2019, 01:54:14 pm »

??

Just give them the correct part number and give them your money. They cannot NOT supply you a part because its "wrong" for your car

This!

Offline mcblfc88

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2019, 04:42:51 pm »
Have you tried RPS online?

Messaged them a couple of weeks ago for service items, didn’t get a reply

Offline mcblfc88

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2019, 04:44:31 pm »
I’ll be getting them through TPS and won’t bother with the dealer again, never realised it would be so hard to give my money to VW

Dave Y

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2019, 05:02:44 pm »
I found it easier to get an answer by ringing them.

Offline muff1991

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 69
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2019, 09:18:19 pm »
My mate who works for Audi is always trying to tell me that the Rev G is the wrong DV for my car... even though I’ve explained the difference between the G and D. But as his system shows D being the latest and not G he still insists it’s actually the wrong DV for my turbo (K03) my words were... “just get me a G please” and so he did!

I know your pain on that one.. if you want the diaphragm design get the G and forget what they got to say! We know the difference and there’s a reason why we want the G

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 672
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2019, 05:23:08 pm »

??

No, but they can refuse to take it back if it IS wrong  :grin:

Sounds like this parts guy is a jobsworth berk, but in his defence, parts people are taught to only sell what it says on the screen.  Some dealers will humour you and order what you want, and some will do everything by the book.

Sounds like the OP was trying to do this via email by 'Sending the part numbers over'.   That will never work.  Dealers are always best dealt with in person, but people seem to have a phobia of going into them these days.

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D