Make a donation

Author Topic: Ruff idle since pcv change ?  (Read 1367 times)

Offline edition30ldn

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
Ruff idle since pcv change ?
« on: May 03, 2019, 01:55:14 am »
Hello everyone,

so recently I had the forge PCV and catch can fitted and had alot of white smoke so decided to change straight back to OEM.

but Now when i do a cold start the whole engine idles ruff. then After 30 seconds or so it returns idleing to normal. and recently got a  P2187 error lean on idle. did not have any of these problems untill i took off the OEM PCV now the car has never been the same , anyone help??

Offline muff1991

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 69
Re: Ruff idle since pcv change ?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2019, 11:40:24 am »
sounds like a vacuum leak. check all connections are clean and fitted nice and snug. maybe consider replacing the gasket on the PCV housing too.

Offline muff1991

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 69
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2019, 11:50:54 am »
sorry mate, just seen your original post on this.. you have already replaced the Seal :)

double check all connections. Also there's a thing about the Rear PCV and front PCV part numbers that suit each other. so have a read into that and make sure you don't have a mix match as that will cause it. (if you have the Rev R on front, then I believe you need to make sure your rear doesn't have the check valve) something like that anyway, from this info you can research and find the correct answer.

Offline edition30ldn

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2019, 01:36:15 am »
ok thank you will look more into this