Make a donation

Author Topic: Standard BWA Map File / Flash  (Read 6325 times)

Offline muff1991

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 69
Standard BWA Map File / Flash
« on: May 03, 2019, 11:29:58 am »
Hi All,
is anyone in a position to put a "standard/stock" BWA Map file onto my ECU for me please? I believe I may have a Kess remap on it from one of the previous owners, while im troubleshooting a few issues I want the car back to standard so I can bring It to 100% satisfactory before I take it for a "proper" Map.

if so, ideally.. I don't want to pay much at all as some places want to charge the same for a standard file vs a mapped file! I'm roughly located in and between Bucks and Berks area. so would be handy if it was local but please let me know and we can make arrangements.

I have been quoted £96 by MDM Tecknik in Marlow but not sure if that's a Revo Stock file or a VW Stock File.

also been quoted £60 by someone local to me but i'd have to take the ECU out the car then to him, which id rather not have to remove it.

out of the 2 I'd be inclined to go with MDM Tecknik tbh and both are not bad prices, but thought i'd ask some fellow members on the off chance someone can help me out. Please let me know  :happy2:

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 670
Re: Standard BWA Map File / Flash
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2019, 02:07:43 pm »
Just take it to a dealer mate, 1 hours labour charge and will be an actual VW downloaded from Germany via their ODIS machine. 

I wouldn't risk bricking your ECU taking elsewhere personally, although VW will also throw a damage waiver form in your face.

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D

Offline muff1991

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2019, 04:11:57 pm »
Hi Pudding, I did phone my local dealer, but they basically said they wasn't going to do it as its been Mapped and they wont want to take responsibility should the car not run afterwards. I'll phone my next local dealer and see what they have to offer.  :smiley:

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2019, 05:30:32 pm »
My dealer said they'd do it, but at my own risk obviously  :grin:   Just grab a spare ECU, just in case!

If it's not a Revo map on there, you should be fine to overwrite it.  Revo maps can be a ball ache to remove / overwrite.

Offline muff1991

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2019, 11:38:22 pm »
Yeah I remember you saying about the REVO maps before mate.. nightmare really!

I’ll speak to another dealership and see what they say... better still I’ll probs just walk in there, I can give them a bit more of a push then lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline muff1991

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2019, 12:50:34 pm »
Ok, so spoken to a second VW dealership which told me the same as the first. which is:
"Unfortunately, because the car has been remapped, we wouldn't want to put the Standard Map file back onto the car in case the car didn't run correctly afterwards"
So I asked whether or not there is some kind of a waiver I could sign regarding this.. and was told:
"even with a waiver, we still wouldn't be able to do it - as we have had trouble in the past with waivers present"
Basically, they wont do it lol so I'm going to have to get MDM Technik to do this for me, which they have advised its a VW file not a Revo Stock file. either way, I just want my map file flashed over and replaced so I can help diagnose my issue!

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2019, 03:22:05 pm »
Cool, so long as it is a VW file, go with the MDM option then  :happy2:

Offline muff1991

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2019, 03:26:02 pm »
Cool, so long as it is a VW file, go with the MDM option then  :happy2:
Looks like that’s the way it’ll be pudding. I’m first going to change the inlet flap motor to see if that sorts it, but tbh I’m probs guna put a standard map on anyway! Until I’m happy everything’s cushdy for a proper map.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk