Make a donation

Author Topic: Engine bay to Cockpit wire access  (Read 1295 times)

Offline El1M1N8OR

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=q2g9ivdsi9nu5ei361t6t8qmp5&/topic,127700.msg1139562.html#msg1139562
Engine bay to Cockpit wire access
« on: May 16, 2019, 05:19:38 pm »
Planning on fitting a couple of Amplfiers along with shelf speakers and a subwoofer.

Can anyone give any advice where I can run the power supply cable from the battery in the engine bay into the cockpit to run underneath the carpet to the boot space.

I would prefer to run along the passenger side.

Any tips for removing the door trim along the sill to tuck in the power cable, power antenna cable and RCA cables along the sides of the carpet?

I could take some pictures for a guide if anyone else wants to run an amplifier.

:happy2:
« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 09:58:51 pm by El1M1N8OR »

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 670
Re: Engine bay to Cockpit wire access
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2019, 05:45:18 pm »
There's access into the engine bay behind the glove box  :happy2:  Peel back the carpet and you'll see it.

You just pull the sill trim up, carefully.  Dead easy.  I highly recommend buying replacement clips etc ahead of time because they always break or fly off somewhere.  Such is the way with VW trims, they are designed to be fitted once.  Once you pull them off, they never go back on the same when reusing the clips, so fit new ones regardless.

You'll need clips for the sill, B trims, rear door cards (if a 3 door) etc etc.  All of it really!

Oh and get some plastic trim tools from Amazon / ebay, they're handy for interior panels.

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D