Make a donation

Author Topic: A few questions...  (Read 760 times)

Offline Dooge

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
A few questions...
« on: June 14, 2019, 10:10:27 pm »
Hey all,

Looking at mk5 GTI's as a more comfortable daily than my current mk3 Clio RS.

I have read a few buying guides around these which specify the cam follower, PCV Valve splitting, rust around front wheel archs and underneath the boot latch, high pressure fuel pumps and more recently a flap motor? Ive had a fair few cars so panels gaps, missing paint, odd wear on tyres, etc

In terms of spec, I can see theres a fairly even spread of leather and tartan, whats more desirable? Do they all come with heated seats as standard? Some ads seem to suggest this is part of the winter pack.

Is the winter pack a common feature? Are the standard washer jets known to stop working due to freezing? How reliable are the headlight washers? Ive had a few cars where they have long sinced stopped working.

I would love xenons but few seem to have this. I have seen these can be retrofitted, I am guessing its a 2nd hand option only to find the headlights and a bit of coding? What about halogen projector lights instead?

I would like 18" alloys but I am guessing these come up for £2-400 on eBay. The same with headunits, ideally a DAB unit with a 6 CD changer would be nice but not essential. Did cruise control come fitted as standard?

Any other options that are 'essential' or desirable?

Thanks for your help! I did a bit of searching on here but could not find all the answers.

Doug