Make a donation

Author Topic: Edition 30 centre caps size??  (Read 2347 times)

Dave Y

Edition 30 centre caps size??
« on: June 06, 2019, 01:02:47 pm »
As above what size are they ?
Is it a matter of brute force to get them off ?
Where can i buy them at a reasonable price ?

Offline RobC

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 20
    • Email
Re: Edition 30 centre caps size??
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2019, 05:17:33 pm »
Cant remember size of the top of my head. If the wheels off then you just tap them off from behind. If not, they are a bit of a barstewards. I was replacing mine so I just punched a screwdriver through each one and levered them out.

If you're after genuine replacements most dealers will have them on the shelf for a reasonable price. There are no genuine BBS replacements that fit so most people just buy the domed stickers off eBay and stick them over the originals.

Dave Y

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2019, 07:43:21 pm »
mine are a mess so i will be punching a hole in them . I just need to know the size.

Offline Octoparrot

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 99
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2019, 09:44:56 pm »
Why don't you remove one and measure it?

Dave Y

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2019, 07:43:56 am »
Thanks for the advice i didnt want to dig one out till i had some replacements. 

Offline RobC

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 20
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2019, 08:08:23 am »
Only place for caps for your Pescara's is the main dealer. They're 65mm face and 55mm rear and only come in the standard Black/Silver. Part number is 3B7601171XRW and fit the Monza's too.

Offline muff1991

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 69
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2019, 03:00:06 pm »
I've just ordered some cheapies off ebay for £11 anything is better than the crappy small thinks I've got on there now!

Dave Y

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2019, 08:30:16 pm »
i will be ordering off RPS online tomorrow

Offline colesey

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 89
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2019, 12:09:56 pm »
Good luck with RPS as they never bothered replying to my request for a quote.

Offline neilw

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 26
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2019, 01:12:38 pm »
I got cheap eBay ones, they lasted no time at all unfortunately.

Had to bite the bullet and get genuine ones, which was close to £50
Edition30 #0002 R-Tech Stage2

Offline muff1991

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2019, 04:07:07 pm »
i thought I'd let you all know, i ordered the above mentioned caps albeit cheapies or not and they didn't fit.. turns out i don't have Pescara's from the Edition 30 and i have OEM A3 alloys (almost identical to the Pescara's) spoke with a guy from PW Motorsport about BBS caps to fit and basically, although they are genuine wheels, they are OEM made by BBS (i know a lot of you may know that) so i can only get Audi centre caps. BBS centre caps are only available for aftermarket BBS wheels. When i say aftermarket i mean not OEM and genuine BBS.
i have managed to find some plastic universal centre caps on the bay for £6 so I'm going to buy them and then buy the £8.99 70mm BBS Stickers from the bay. (would rather all that than the Audi logo on a Golf GTI)  :happy2:

Offline terrier

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 35
  • My Ride: GTI now gone
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2019, 04:52:15 pm »
i thought I'd let you all know, i ordered the above mentioned caps albeit cheapies or not and they didn't fit.. turns out i don't have Pescara's from the Edition 30 and i have OEM A3 alloys (almost identical to the Pescara's) spoke with a guy from PW Motorsport about BBS caps to fit and basically, although they are genuine wheels, they are OEM made by BBS (i know a lot of you may know that) so i can only get Audi centre caps. BBS centre caps are only available for aftermarket BBS wheels. When i say aftermarket i mean not OEM and genuine BBS.
i have managed to find some plastic universal centre caps on the bay for £6 so I'm going to buy them and then buy the £8.99 70mm BBS Stickers from the bay. (would rather all that than the Audi logo on a Golf GTI)  :happy2:
:happy2:  Do you have the number for the ebay caps

Offline muff1991

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2019, 09:47:48 pm »
:happy2:  Do you have the number for the ebay caps
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F121898250656
These are the caps I’m looking at mate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk