Make a donation

Author Topic: HELP - Currently broken down  (Read 3229 times)

Offline mo

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 14
    • Email
Re: HELP - Currently broken down
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2019, 04:11:48 pm »
First thing id do is check the ccm and see if there are any loose connectors or water ingress
2007 Ed30 Superchips Bluefin Stg 1
RNS510 & MDI

Offline jgalla89

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2019, 04:20:03 pm »
First thing id do is check the ccm and see if there are any loose connectors or water ingress
Thanks but sorry what's the CCM ? is this the comfort control module?

Offline mo

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 14
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2019, 04:36:15 pm »
Yes that's the one. Also referred to as Central Convenience Module

https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,110832.msg1070633.html#msg1070633
« Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 04:38:06 pm by mo »
2007 Ed30 Superchips Bluefin Stg 1
RNS510 & MDI

Offline jgalla89

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2019, 12:31:54 pm »
So to sum up where I am so far. Garage were getting same problems as me last Wednesday but didn't have time to look at it. Came out to it Thursday morning and the car started straight away. All the dash error lights were on so they scanned the car and came up with a number of faults as mentioned earlier in thread. They cleared them and the car starts and runs fine and has continued to do since then (the lad has been taking it on road tests to try and get the same issues).

I said could they get their auto electrician to go over the car and try and find the issue. He has finally had chance this morning and can find no issues whatsoever. So getting the car back later today.

Not sure what has caused the issue, whether due to the amount of rain, water had got in somewhere. Remains to be seen whether it will come back to bite me in the coming days/weeks....

Offline f00glee

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 26
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2019, 04:00:55 pm »
Perhaps a long shot but you could check the canbus gateway in the dash behind the drivers side fuse box/above the pedals.

I've heard of these getting wet after windscreen replacements, but maybe you could have developed a leak for no particular reason? I think this module is connected to pretty much every other in the car and so could cause havok?
Current:
Mk6 R, Tornado Red, 5-door, '13.
Previous:
Mk5 GTI, Tornado Red, 3-door, '06, R-tech Stage "1+"

Offline jgalla89

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2019, 04:11:33 pm »
Perhaps a long shot but you could check the canbus gateway in the dash behind the drivers side fuse box/above the pedals.

I've heard of these getting wet after windscreen replacements, but maybe you could have developed a leak for no particular reason? I think this module is connected to pretty much every other in the car and so could cause havok?

Good point, Its not had a windscreen replacement but I'll look at the seals and I will take a look around the area above the pedals.

With all the rain at the moment shouldn't be too hard to notice a leak!

Offline jgalla89

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
Re: HELP - Currently broken down....update 2, it’s happened again!
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2019, 08:57:25 pm »
Bit of a thread revival. After 3 months of having no issues with the car, it decided to let me down again at midnight on a wet Sunday night at airport parking having just landed home from holiday.

This time no dash warning lights but car would start then die after a few seconds. Got recovered home and came back a week later and the car started and ran fine. Took it to my usual garage and have had the the dash cluster sent off to be tested but they’ve come back and said they can’t find any issues with it.

Garage are getting the auto electrician back in to look over the car but I was wondering whether anyone has had similar issues before?

I’m going to get them to look at the CCM as suggested in June but would the CCM issue be giving me the problems I’m getting?

Also not sure if it’s related or could be part of the problem but for the past 6/7 months sometimes the car key will lock all the doors except the drivers side. It started 4/5 months ago to every now and then Set the alarm off when you tried to lock the car first time round but then locks it on the second go on the fob.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated as started to get frustrated as I can’t trust the car at the moment!