Make a donation

Author Topic: trackers  (Read 2926 times)

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
trackers
« on: June 12, 2019, 06:37:23 pm »
am after fitting one to my car with the down load app but i see there is a few on ebay as anybody bought one and got a link

https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/Set-Tk102-GPS-Tracker-Magnetic-Car-Vehicle-Spy-Mini-Personal-Tracking-Device/2297703962?iid=151857299746#UserReviews
« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 06:47:18 pm by Andy »

Offline terrier

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 37
  • My Ride: GTI now gone
Re: trackers
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2019, 08:40:11 pm »
Sold previous car with a streetwise tracker fitted.Forgot to remove it  but at least I know where the car is :grin:

Offline Dan_FR

• Thank You
  • -Given: 132
  • -Receive: 189
  • wait...what?
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2019, 07:48:21 am »
I bought the one on my bike from a decent UK supplier - Rewire Security. I have the TK104 as it has an incredible battery life - not as important if you plan to hardwire - it has the same features as the TK102 type tracker.

I use my own SIM from GiffGaff as the credit never expires and I only use the SMS based tracking/service so there's no monthly/annual fee. It sends me a google maps link to see exactly where the bike is and has a movement/shock sensor which essentially acts as a silent alarm. This alone saved my bike from an attempted theft last year.

Had a look at the advert you've posted and it looks pretty decent
« Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 07:55:51 am by Dan_FR »
TFSI... Revo Stage 2+... . WMI.... VCDS HEX + CAN, MPPS, VAG Commander & VAG tacho - South Wales

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2019, 08:19:07 am »
Cheers Dan..do you have a link to the one you mentioned

Offline Dan_FR

• Thank You
  • -Given: 132
  • -Receive: 189
  • wait...what?
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2019, 10:31:24 am »
The one I bought is: https://www.rewiresecurity.co.uk/gps-tracker-tk-104-vehicle-car-tracker
There's a full PDF with more detail & insructions here: https://www.rewiresecurity.co.uk/usermanuals/104_Pro_gps_tracker_user_manual.pdf

You can either use mobile data based tracking using their service (with annual fee and data costs) or an SMS based service which is what I use on mine, I only check the position when needed, or request a check/status which costs an SMS message.... I think I've used about £10 of credit in the last year - if that. Mine is set to not report the position unless the bike is moved. Set like this the battery literally lasts months which is ideal over the winter, and I use a powerbank and a USB 5v to 12V converter to plug it in and charge it up when I need to.
TFSI... Revo Stage 2+... . WMI.... VCDS HEX + CAN, MPPS, VAG Commander & VAG tacho - South Wales

Offline Dogma

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 15
trackers
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2019, 03:09:17 pm »
This sounds great Dan cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MK5 ED30