Author Topic: TTE480  (Read 2304 times)

Offline csrigo

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
TTE480
« on: June 15, 2019, 01:24:22 pm »
Hi folks not been on in a while working away as per usual but home now and need a bit of info.

Done a search but cant find what im looking for.

Looking at possibly getting the TTE480.....question is can a new DW65v hold up to the task? Ive read the latest versions are as per the OEM setup and have no starvation issues etc...anybody running an uprated turbo using this pump that can confirm? Would prefer not to use the TTRS unit due to potential controller issues and incorrect fuel level readings( plus the DW65v is cheaper)....and yeah i know i can swap the arm and sender unit over from the original pump just being lazy.

Also I have the RS4 fprv fitted but apparently this is insufficient? I am not looking to squeeze all i can out the turbo YET merely run it at about 370-380BHP or something and maybe just over 400ftlbs. I am currently 350bhp and 400ftlbs on stage 2+ R tech however the turbo is whining and needs changed so im considering this route for now....I wld increase the power once the pistons and rods etc have been upgraded.

Im taking into account longevity/cost for now but need to factor in a new map once fitted....plus cant remember what my uprated helix clutch is rated to again?

Cheers for any insight and opinions

Offline Shoduchi

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 220
  • -Receive: 429
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,95592.msg952042.html
Re: TTE480
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2019, 03:51:26 pm »
Not sure if you can swap the level sensor arm. What I've seen is people modifying the TTRS level sensor arm.

I've not experienced fuel surge with my DW65v but I don't let the fuel tank go too low when pushing. It should hold 500 bhp but I'd get the Torqbyte PM4 controller for that power level.

The 9 blade turbine version seems to be an awesome hybrid. I hope you like it! :smiley:

Offline csrigo

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2019, 04:35:01 pm »
Not sure if you can swap the level sensor arm. What I've seen is people modifying the TTRS level sensor arm.

I've not experienced fuel surge with my DW65v but I don't let the fuel tank go too low when pushing. It should hold 500 bhp but I'd get the Torqbyte PM4 controller for that power level.

The 9 blade turbine version seems to be an awesome hybrid. I hope you like it! :smiley:

Cheers mate not sure what else id need prior to fitting?

How low are you talking here fuel wise?...Im never at less than quarter tank level since its not a daily?

Yeah you can swap it over but the sending unit its attached to needs swapped over as well with just a little bit of desoldering and resoldering....its an easy job tbh just being lazy lol....its 3 wires for anybody thats got the TTRS pump and still got their original and fancies sorting the level issue....people do bend the arm to suit...a bit rough imo but if it works it works lol

Offline Shoduchi

• Thank You
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,95592.msg952042.html
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2019, 09:49:26 pm »
Not much lower than a quarter of a tank. On track I've pushed a bit at the end of a session with about 1/5 of a tank and didn't experience any problems. :smiley:

Well, if it's that easy I guess it's a good option to use the TTRS pump being an OEM part. The tune to suit is the same as the DW65v needs.

Offline csrigo

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2019, 09:31:08 pm »
Not much lower than a quarter of a tank. On track I've pushed a bit at the end of a session with about 1/5 of a tank and didn't experience any problems. :smiley:

Well, if it's that easy I guess it's a good option to use the TTRS pump being an OEM part. The tune to suit is the same as the DW65v needs.

Yeah think im going the TTRS route to keep it as OEM as possible like you say.

The turbo has been put on hold as the car is in getting a full front end respray with my new wings fitted.. also just fitted some S3 rear brake calipers and carriers that ive reconned completely with new seal kit etc and some 310mm vented discs...got them powder coated red to match the DB9 brembos so will put some pics up on my build thread next week.

Have a wheel question il be putting up on another thread regarding caliper clearances and team dynamic 1.2s if anybody has any info... @Shoduchi im thinking you may be the man to help me out?  :smiley:

Offline Shoduchi

• Thank You
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2019, 10:26:32 pm »
Tag me in that topic when you make it @csrigo:wink: