Make a donation

Author Topic: MK6 GTD Interior swap  (Read 2174 times)

Offline airborne2

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 0
MK6 GTD Interior swap
« on: June 19, 2019, 09:55:48 am »
Dear All,

I am looking to buy a MK6 GTD after my beloved MK5 GTI was liberated from my driveway.

I have found one with all the goodies but does not have leather interior but I have found an immaculate set including door cards on Ebay. How easy is it to swap from cloth to leather? The cloth front seats to not have the electric lumbar support so I'm wondering if any additional wiring/coding is/will be required?

What do you reckon? DIY job or steer well clear?

Ta

AB2
58 GT Sport 170 in magic black. R32 Zolders, heated leather, GTI skirts & rear valance, RNS510, Parking sensors, Bluetooth, cruise, MFSW, rain sensors, highline. Mega! * SOLD*. 08 GTI in Reflex Silver.......**STOLEN** MK6 GTD - Fully loaded :)

Offline fakie1977

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 21
    • Email
Re: MK6 GTD Interior swap
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2019, 11:30:05 am »
Changing the seats are pretty straight forward (although you do need 12 point tool for the front seats if the mk6 is same as MK5) - there are lots of how to’s and videos on this. I used Pelican Parts technical section to change my fabric to ED30 seats (https://www.pelicanparts.com/techarticles/Volkswagen_Golf_GTI_Mk_V/103-BODY-Seats_Replacement/103-BODY-Seats_Replacement.htm).

Took me a couple of hours to do the front and back (which includes doing some cleaning under the seats). I have not done the door cards so can’t comment on that.

As for the lumber support, there is a thread on here on how to wire up heated and electric seats which you can look up. If it’s just the lumber I think you only need to provide power and ground to make it work but you will need to get a connector to match the under seat wiring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline ady-uk

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 19
  • -Receive: 24
    • Email
Re: MK6 GTD Interior swap
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2019, 01:23:18 pm »
I have a mint set of mk6 golf 'r' heated leather 5 door seats.
fronts with under seat storage draws, rear bench seats, full set of door cards with switches.

VW Golf 2.0 Gtd 140 4motion (2005)
Factory fitted: xenons, sunroof, heated leather seats, fold in mirrors with downlights,
Custom: Mk6 steering wheel, updated gateway, RNS510 remote boot pop, LED lighting.