Make a donation

Author Topic: Edition 30 market  (Read 6579 times)

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 670
Re: Edition 30 market
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2019, 04:51:07 pm »

5 doors are for wimps who think they will use the rear doors, but never do, and 5 door MK5s look utterly sh1te and boring.

DSG is for people who can't drive.  They can only cope with pressing 2 pedals and turning a steering wheel.  An extra pedal and lever confuses them.

Quite sweeping statements there - not all DSG owners can't drive. I prefer a dsg as I don't like having to press the clutch pedal every three seconds in stop start traffic on my way home from work. Some people need a 5 door for ease of use/family and actually do use the rear doors.
Indeed
Although I do remember Pudding saying in hindsight he should’ve got a DSG instead of manual a while back... hmmm lol

Ps OP good luck with the sale

Oh I love DSG  :happy2:   That post was a parody / troll attempt btw.....  some of you took the bait it seems  :smiley:

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D

Offline irish_ram

• Thank You
  • -Given: 200
  • -Receive: 26
« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2019, 11:41:58 am »
3dr DSG is the win for me but that is because my car is a totally hobbie car so whenever I need to be grown up and visiting family we go in the wifes 4x4 :). So I can see the 5dr is more practical when ferrying family around unless you remove the back seats from the 3dr, open the boot and just chuck the family in haha

I love DSG and would never go back to manual mainly because I am probably lazy but just makes it feel more sporty to me even though you are doing less sporty driving skill than a manual.

Suppose the real question is if practicality was not needed would some pick 5dr peeps move to a 3dr?

willni

« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2019, 11:47:54 am »

5 doors are for wimps who think they will use the rear doors, but never do, and 5 door MK5s look utterly sh1te and boring.

DSG is for people who can't drive.  They can only cope with pressing 2 pedals and turning a steering wheel.  An extra pedal and lever confuses them.

Quite sweeping statements there - not all DSG owners can't drive. I prefer a dsg as I don't like having to press the clutch pedal every three seconds in stop start traffic on my way home from work. Some people need a 5 door for ease of use/family and actually do use the rear doors.
Indeed
Although I do remember Pudding saying in hindsight he should’ve got a DSG instead of manual a while back... hmmm lol

Oh I love DSG  :happy2:   That post was a parody / troll attempt btw.....  some of you took the bait it seems  :smiley:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Gtcpaul1971

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 3
  • Graphite blue 54 plate 5 Dr gti.
    • Email
  • My Ride: Graphite blue, 54 plate gti
« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2019, 02:10:37 pm »
I have a 5 Dr and agree it would look better as a 3dr. I just like the look of 3dr cars.
Graphite blue 54 plate.

Offline MIJ_JAGGER

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 103
  • -Receive: 77
« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2019, 02:19:16 pm »

Indeed

Hmmmm

Offline ljc19630

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 16
« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2019, 10:23:29 pm »
3dr - Fcuk the family

Offline Dogma

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 15
« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2019, 09:51:03 pm »
3dr - Fcuk the family

Yeah that’s what the Corrado is for. lol

MK5 ED30

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 801
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=24j2mb8bd323d7hbknmvb94j17&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2019, 12:04:36 am »
I would never own a 3 door. Even without kids they are a pain in the cunning linguals.

Offline Lucky ducky

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 30
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #38 on: July 22, 2019, 12:26:03 am »
This is what this forum is about...opinions & discussions great!!
The 3dr just does it for me and must be red

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Very very nice but looks odd, like it’s missing something! Ahhhhh that’s it ............2 doors :booty: :booty: :booty:
Mine is 5 door, manual and with the compulsory option of electric sunroof  :laugh: :sad1:

Ha!!! You got me there on the sunroof...but but I'd rather my factory xenons than a hair dyer :)... It stil has to be a 3dr